1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2018 Stereo2Go logo (with poll)

Discussion in 'Announcements and suggestions' started by walkman archive, Jan 30, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you like the new logo?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2018.
  1. I love it!

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Yes, looks good.

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Hmm, it doesn't look bad.

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Not really.

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. I prefer the old one.

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

If I don’t get what I want I will sacrifice a goat

2. Risingsunproject

Risingsunproject Active Member

Do not get so biblical with me!
    If you want to sacrifice something in here sacrifice a ghettoblaster give it to me and i ll make you a banner so cool inc flag and waterressistent stickers for your car...lol

3. Risingsunproject

M8 i just had a vision............
    ghetoo5555.jpg

Boodokhan likes this.
  4. Risingsunproject

AT THIS TIME OF THE HOUR I AM DOING ONLY DARK MAGIC
    66666.jpg

5. Patron

Patron Active Member

I actually like this one

6. Risingsunproject

We have to explain to our dear members that a logo does not have to be complex.And i am speaking of the logo itself.
    I see members say oh add a boombox or add an antenna or add another walkman.
    The logo itself for me has to be something very simple and catchy (maybe even more simple than the one created right now with the box the letters the walkman the discman etc)
    What you do with the logo and how you integrate it in a banner design is another thing
    A very bad example of an amateur like myself (i do not know how to create logos from scratch and i do not want to study it now.....)
    And that is why i feel the discussion is going the wrong way we all want to see sexy machines.
    For me it does not have to be the logo itself to have them all it does not matter!
    The logo is just the s2go the rest is what i want to see or integrate in the banner
    Some examples given below

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  7. Risingsunproject

Another bad example
    Logo end of story then put whatever you want

Attached Files:

• s3g.jpg
      s3g.jpg
      File size:
      71.1 KB
      Views:
  8. Risingsunproject

Ok enough is enough haha!
    I had a vision of a city of boxes with the dead man playing a walkman going to the beach............

Attached Files:

9. quiberon

quiberon New Member

Keep the old one, it's not broke therefore it doesn't need fixing.

The new one would waste to much screen real estate on a laptop.

10. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

The current one is fine, IMO. :)

11. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

@Nickfish , @T-ster , @Deliverance ,@samovar , you said you were unhappy and didn't like the 1st proposal of logo. Now you have a new one and a header; won't you comment anything?

12. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I didn''t like any of your heavy metal inspired logos.
    However I do really like this one. Was it all your own work ?

Risingsunproject likes this.
  13. walkman archive

@Risingsunproject, I keep enjoying your ideas, but the logo and header is almost done, and I won't be doing big changes... just FYI (don't want to waste your time or to give you false expectations).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Risingsunproject likes this.
  14. Risingsunproject

No worries here m8 i was giving ideas not final solutions.Keep up the work!
    Nobody has the same taste and never will.

15. Risingsunproject

not really it was a bad mix of this

12_stereo-logo-new-2008-01vvv.jpg

16. Michelle Knight

Michelle Knight Active Member

Hmm? What? Someone summon me from my coffin?!

I've been involved in web sites, one way or the other, since the mid 90's. I am also terrible at graphic design and I get a friend to do mine. Give him whatever pieces of artwork I've got, and he does the rest. I gave him some screen shots for the game Lineage 2 (for which I was programming a Drop Calculator) and he came up with the theme and graphics... actually, that blue Elf is floating and will stay on the right no matter the width of your screen. The background is a screen grab of a "hud removed" shot of flying around the Tower of Insolence. The graphics at the top and bottom of the menu is actually one of the character swords that he split in half. Actually, he won't design for me any more, because he gives me beautifully crafted CSS, and I butcher it into HTML tables :-D

dropcalcv2.jpg

My programming, on the other hand, was up to snuff at the time, more than a decade ago. This is the recipe sheet for the Sword of Damascus. The interesting part was how I recursed down a table of recipe ingredients, scanned the databases for what characters, in the clan, had what, which dwarves were capable of performing which recipes, and passed all that information back up the tree... in an environment when passing information to the browser was a one-shot deal. (in other words, I couldn't go back and re-write what I'd already sent the browser.) Took me two days lying on the sofa, staring at the ceiling, until I worked out how to do it. But it was a serious boon for clan leaders who could work out what was needed for a recipe, and could then instruct the clan on their next actions.
    damascus.png

It all passed because my code was open source as long as the acknowledgement as to my authorship was retained. A Russian group took the code, stripped the acknowledgements and passed it off as theirs. Also, someone found an SQL injection vulnerability and let me know, which gave me chance to plug the hole before he announced it to the world ... but for years I was getting queries as to whether the DropCalc was safe, and it just wore me down to the point where I gave up. Whenever you did a search for the dropcalc, all you came up with was the vulnerability warnings. The story is longer than this, but you get the drift.

But yes... I've seen numerous forums die over arguments and disagreements. I've seen others die due to the simple fact that people move on with their lives, or actually pass on themselves so no one then has access to the forum administration... and then information floats off into the ether. (I'm continually stunned by the number of people who fail to make any provision for their digital assets in their wills.) These days, if I see it on the internet and I think it's worth something to me... I grab it. Usually by a "print to PDF" engine.

And as for graphics... we can't do it all. Get some help from someone who can handle PhotoShop. :) - This is how bad it gets when I do site design myself - http://shootstart.com/ - I can't even balance a colour scheme properly.

17. Machaneus

Machaneus Well-Known Member

It is an irony to struggle to bring back the old database and at the same time trying to get rid of the old logo...and then the year old provisional logo.
    I don't care about criticism and questioning any benefits might become of it as there are more efficient ways for progress and solving problems.
    Having said that there are some good ideas and some potential , in Walkman archives logo ( though at first the absence of a boombox was striking).
    Have voted "I prefer the old one" which actually is what ,more or less, we all do here "we prefer old ones", old walkmans old boomboxes but there is a catch: only the good ones! Personally to be accurate the word "want" suits me better than "prefer".
    A year ago I proposed a contest for the logo because the site was on a new path and wanted to be more open minded but today this idea seems to me a bit thin reasoning wise. The old one is just fine, its heritage .
    After reading 8 pages of this thread some thoughts I want to share :
    -I agree with Samovars thoughts about the poll.
    -Boomboxery usually referred as the "other site" ,a good site as it is has very little about walkmans but I can't complain with such a title! Don't get me wrong my collection of boomboxes exceeds 100 many iconic, some extremely rare.
    -Prolific members isolating themselves is only a dead end, either they are right or wrong, an example is "TheLion", old members remember.

-Sorry for quoting myself , here are my thoughts a year ago about the logo:

The old logo was very well thought, it looks nice at first glance and then when you see the details one by one you recognize the connoisseur symbols :

-The main color is Blue like the Sony TPS-L2 Walkman that brought Stereo to Go concept to the masses and that first walkman was blue to be color coded with the blue jeans of the young people that was aimed for.

-The Sony TPS-L2 itself poses in front left like the beginning of a text.

-Then the orange headphones that came originally with the TPS-L2 that in turn were color coded with the orange hot line button.

-The fonts of the words BOOMBOXES ,WALKMAN, PORTABLE AUDIO resemble the fonts of the WALKMAN logo of that era.

[​IMG]
    So the old logo was a conceptual, well thought and well executed one, that's why it has that appeal .

Yes we can keep it if you ask me but we entered a totally new era not only Stereo2Go but the whole concept of portable audio so it is an opportunity for a new logo, but it will be a challenge it has to be conceptual with iconic symbols from both Boombox and Walkman worlds and of course well executed.

Why not organize a contest maybe there are skillful members that can help and if there are many choices we can vote for the best one.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Chris, deech, Boodokhan and 1 other person like this.
  18. Pip

Pip Member

Now I am confused, that old logo is pretty cool

19. walkman archive

Th new header is online. I hope you like it.

autoreverser likes this.
  20. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Yeh looks nice...says what we’re about and is simple, clear, and looks slick and professional.

What I don’t like is that a second moderator quits in this thread and you don’t even comment on it...suggests you really don’t value those who stepped up and volunteered to put even more into the site? Sad really

samovar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.