1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Enthusiast / Collector from New Jersey

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Tyler Seip, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Tyler Seip

Tyler Seip New Member

Hello!
    New member, and I LOVE anything that plays cassettes.

I have always loved electronics since I was little. I didn't have a teddy bear, I had a boombox. Ever since then, electronics have always been a passion of mine. I started a small collection of boomboxes and portables a while ago. I love working on them, fixing them, selling them, but mostly, just slapping a solid metal (Type IV not the genre) tape in them and taking it all in.

I don't have a big collection yet, but my favorites right now are my two Panasonic boxes:
    The RX-5010 resurrected from the garbage with new belts and lots and lots of contact cleaner and elbow grease. (Love the big window and great sound quality)
    And the Rx-FM30 the small but mighty! (and amazing sound quality too of course)

My favorite portable cassette player at the moment is my Panasonic RX-S35. Nice big window, auto reverse Dolby B and solid build quality. Love it. And my latest score is a Panasonic RX-1925 "like -new" condition in box with original headphones with foam intact, and all the original documentation.

Just wanted to give an idea as to where my mind is - I love what I've read & seen here so far and am glad to now be able to hopefully communicate with a lot of you soon.

Regards,

Tyler

2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Stereo2go :bigthumbsup:

Cassette2go likes this.
  3. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

Hi, I will be on a rare trip ( for me ) as I am driving to a Funeral in Stowe VT ( 26 August 2017 ) and on the backside of this trip I will be wanting to see where my Dad grew up in Trenton NJ, I just thought I would mention. :wavey:

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Welcome Tyler, we love to see collection pics here by the way...big or small, grails or lesser knowns, we still love to see them :)

Cassette2go likes this.
  5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

HI and welcome to the forum. As Northerner mentioned we love to see pictures of your collection

Cassette2go likes this.
  6. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Welcome Tyler, sounds like you got a nice selection of portables already so you'll fit in well here, share some pics with us!

7. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Welcome to S2G, Tyler! :wavey:

8. Tyler Seip

Tyler Seip New Member

Just figuring out how to do photos on here...but check these out! My two favorite at the moment:

The ten dollar in box Rx-1925 with all paperwork and headphones (Which work perfectly btw).

And the three dollar yard sale grab, the RX-S35. Only thing with the RX-S35 is the headphone jack is a little loose. Feels like its coming off the board. I'm not much good at soldering, so a piece of plastic (look closely) keeping it tight works for now ;) - I know it wont last but given my lack of experience, I'm hesitant to open it up and put a scorching hot needle to it...haha.

Cassette2go likes this.