1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Old Stock Sharp JC-516X Personal Stereos spotted

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Longman, Jan 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Earlier in the month we were on holiday in Costa Teguise in Lanzarote. Anyone who has been to the Canary isles (I have been to Tenerife as well) will know that you get quite a lot of small shops selling cameras, phones, headphones etc from both well known and unknown manufacturers (and judging by the low prices on some of the Beats headphones a combination of the two).

What I wasn't expecting to see, displayed in the window of one of the local shops was a Sharp JX516X personal stereo.

Sharp JC516X_BX.JPG

RadioMuseum dates this model to 1990.

I didn't enquire about the price, which tends to be negotiable in such shops.

Looking on Ebay when I got home I spotted a couple more of this model including this one at a very reasonable 20 Euros, also in the Canaries.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHARP-Wal...777462?hash=item43fcb8c976:g:KrQAAOSwImRYUn1k

I wonder if, like with the Maxim Boomboxes, someone found a container full of these that had been forgotten about. It makes you wonder what other new equipment is out there, either in the shops or waiting to reach them.

2. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Somethings happening in the canaries for sure. I managed to bag several NOS Toshiba's in November, and the guy still has more

The belts were goo, but everything else was factory fresh, including the boxes. And that new 80's electronic product smell!!! So good