1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing much for sale lately

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Minty, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Minty

Minty Member

Hello All,

I hope you are all keeping well. It’s been some time since I put a post on here. The main reason for this, is the lack of walkmans available for sale over the last few months.

Normally, every once in a while a nice Walkman comes up for sale on ebay, but nothing interesting has come up for sale for the past few months. I can only guess that people are holding onto there treasured walkmans as they become more collectible.

I’m still on here looking at the various different posts. It’s great to see that people are still keeping the site alive with some great posts. Keep up the good work. I’ve made some great friends on here.

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Hi Minty
    I agree with you 100%. quality walkmans are hard to find nowadays.
    By the way, Are you going to show us some pictures of your collection. As far as i know your collection is one of the best :wink:

3. Command8

Command8 Active Member

Walkmans are still being sold though, but I am seing more sellers using local websites and classified to not hassle with international shipping and all that.
    I've seen a lot of rarities for example in leboncoin a french classified website. Or even a lot of good deal on the italian classified website subito.
    But you are correct the number of walkman for sale on ebay is diminishing, how peculiar.

4. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I'm always on the look out for WM10 series and for the last 12 months they've been hard to find in good condition. I tend to buy them from Yahoo Auctions. I've noticed in the last few months the prices have sky rocketed by atleast 200 %. I was able to get them in good dent free condition for around $100-$150 USD. If you do a search on Yahoo Auctions now you will find that they're all listed for $300-$400 USD and in unknown working condition. The most I've paid for a working (new belt) WM-20 was $300 but that was for my own collection. Will be harder for first time buyers now. Sometimes you can get lucky and pick up a bargain. I did get a green WM-30 for $125 a few months back but installed a new belt and sold it a few weeks later. :) I think you'll just need to troll ebay and other auction sites for a bargain.