1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay, I'm officially impressed with the D6C's sound quality

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Chris, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Active Member

There's been a few times where I've been repeatedly pressing pause on my Spotify Premium playlist and wondering why the music hasn't stopped playing...and then I remember I'm actually listening to my D6C.

The sound is very clear and precise, each beat, note and sound effect etc can be heard perfectly (I'm not a music professional so I don't know the correct terminology for this!) which is especially useful when listening to 80s music (something I do a lot) because it's full of synth. I'm only using a pair of MDR-3 headphones too!

Perfect

2. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Makes my feel good! Indeed a joyfull experience .... Is the MDR-3 that good? I thought this had a 6.5 Jack? Or are you using an adaptor ?

3. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

I am not sure that is a glowing endorsement for the D6C, good recording played back on the D6C is worlds apart from anything you can get on Spotify Premium to my ears anyway.

4. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

That's what i call a statement!!:)

5. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Get some good headphones instead of those mickey mouse things and you truly Will be blown away:wink2

6. Chris

Chris Active Member

The MDR-3s are pretty good considering they were considered cheap at the time - and yes I'm using an adapter.

7. Chris

Chris Active Member

Personally, I can't tell the difference between the two at all. Both are excellent.

8. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, it’s all about enjoying the music and if you enjoy both and can’t tell the difference it does not matter. So long as you enjoy them both it’s win win for you.:thumbsup:

Chris likes this.
  9. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

The D6C is the best sounding walkman and it can compete with any smartphone or standard sound card without any problem. But if you want to really feel the difference, get yourself a good pair of powerful headphones and you'll be blown out. Really.
    Try the SONY MDR-7506 or an Audio Technica AT-M50. You better sit down before hit play... :nodding:

RevDoc and Radio Raheem like this.