1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Of My Favourite Boomers.........

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by nickeccles, Feb 11, 2018.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

One Of My Favourite Boomers.........

This Brandt (Really a Sanyo M-9996K - The French Version) was bought completely broken in so many ways [​IMG]Around 2 weeks of intense surgery & new belts, it was working again - This is one of the hardest stereo's to work on that I ever encountered [​IMG]

The results though are stunning!! The internally sealed speaker boxes sound incrediible, sweet detailed highs & woofers that move air - yes they seem to be acoustic suspension types, you can watch them really move in & out on any lively tracks!!

Soft touch mechanism, advanced music search, Led dual colour meters an excellent tuner & bullet proof build quality make this a heavy beast.............Tape deck is way above most portable stereo standards, very stable due to a huge flywheel & a motor with external over engineered servo board make this a joy to use & listen to!!

Close little brother to the legendary M-9998, same tape deck & shared components throughout, it's one to get hold of if you see one going - a challenge to repair - but if I can do it - anyone can! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    4K Video over here:

https://youtu.be/69HdRhckaQA

Playing an absolute classic one hit wonder from 1979 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sanyo M-9996K - 11 February 2018.jpg

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  2. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

The clarity of these pics blows my mind Nick. That box is so clean it looks like new!

nickeccles likes this.
  3. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

Great box! Also available in black as the Siemens 735

nickeccles likes this.
  4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Yeah stunning deck on these

ladairforce512 likes this.