1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic RX-C46 tuner flat gear rack needed

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Cassette2go, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I recently rebelted this 3-piece boombox and I was going to shoot a video of it & as I was checking it out for functionality I discovered that the tune indicator traveled in one direction and then the pointer stopped moving but the radio kept tuning in stations from one end of the band to the other with great sound.
    The pointer is moved back and forth by a thumbwheel that drives a Plastic flat gear ribbon that is flexible to make a ninety degree turn near the thumbwheel to travel back on the side of the thumbwheel back into the side of the radio.
    This Plastic ribbon has size of 4 mm wide, about 2 mm tall with teeth and is about 250 mm long if it was all present
    Upon opening the for the first time weeks ago I did not observe anything falling out of this radio, so it is a mystery as to where this broken piece went to.
    Does anybody have this radio as a parts box?
    I am searching for this part does anybody have this that they would be willing to give to me or and or willing to sell me this as I will then buy this part, I have paypal.
    Panasonic RX-C46 tuner flat gear rack needed
    Thanks

IMG_0218 Panasonic RX-C46 front.JPG
    front of this RX C46
    IMG_0219 Panasonic RX-C46 tuner flat gear rack needed.JPG
    complete inside tune gear removed in bottom of picture
    IMG_0220 Panasonic RX-C46 tuner flat gear rack needed too short.JPG
    I am holding the tune thumbwheel near where it is attached to show the missing length of the plastic gear ribbon
    IMG_0221 Panasonic RX-C46 tuner flat gear rack needed sun porch work area.JPG
    my sun porch work area with future projects in the back ground - those these may change daily.