1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic RX-DT670 speaker

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by JasonC, Jun 20, 2017.

1. JasonC

JasonC New Member

Anyone have a left speaker for a Panasonic RX-DT670 that they would sell? Just bought this sweet boombox off Ebay and the USPS damaged the left speaker in shipping. Just a cosmetic issue but Damn, almost perfection. The seller offered a full refund if I wanted to send it back but I was like I really like the box, sounds great just wish they hadn't damaged it. So he gave me a discount since I said I'd keep it as is.

2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

How bad is the damage? If all plastic pieces are there, you can glue it together and paint to cover your tracks ;)
    ...and join another discussion here on the best color for a boombox! :)

3. JasonC

JasonC New Member

Its a crack below the left speaker, not too bad, tried gluing it but wouldn't stay. No biggie, just when you pay for a box that sounds that sweet and looks that good, you hate for it to have a blemish.

4. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Could you reinforce your repair from the inside ?

Although it is quite expensive Sugru mouldable Silicone is quite good for small repairs.
    For a larger repair you could glue something more solid like a piece of hardboard inside .

5. Reflex85

Reflex85 Member

I'm telling ya... its just terrible what mail/parcel delivery has become.

Jorge likes this.
  6. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Prices go up, their volume because of internet shopping goes up, its time to start saving on the manpower and quality... 101for a successful business strategy! ;-(
    Before he retired/disappeared, the best man to go for Discman service was Verheyan, he Always professionally double-boxed them!! Right now, waiting for my "dream come true" Loewe Discman and also for Philips bbox, both shipped from Europe, I keep all my fingers and toes crossed :worship:

7. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@JasonC it is too late now because you have blobs of bad glue, but usually polystyrene glue used for plastic model kits works pretty well. It dissolves plastic, kinda "welds" it. I use Tamiya, it has the perfect balance between water-thin and heavy-gel styrene glues. CrazyGlue/SuperGlue (and, of course, all rubbery and silicone-based glues) are the worst, right now your best choice is epoxy (but it wont "weld" pieces and previous advice of reinforcement should be followed)...
    Then airbrush in some funky colour ;-)

Post your efforts!! My main hobby is plastic model kits but I love the challenge of fixing broken/cracked Discman/boombox shells!