1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic rx-s28

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Lurya, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Lurya

Lurya New Member

2. Lurya

Lurya New Member

Hey, just disassembled the recorder and found some broken parts :dramaqueen: Hopefully it could be fixed. I superglued part of it and hopefully, it would be strong enough to carry the gear that comes on top of it.
    I wasn't sure about the other little part which is located under the gray gear which responsible to the play direction. It was loose when I lifted the gray gear, and I wonder if it suppose to be part of the bigger white plastic part that holds the two gears that move the winding function (one for rewind and one for the forward), please look at these pics and tell if there is any cure or maybe if there is a source for replacement:
    File_000.jpg File_0011.jpg File_0022.jpg

3. Tyler Seip

Tyler Seip New Member

I just grabbed the same unit. It can’t fast forward or rewind and the belt was warped terrible. And I had the SAME exact little under-the-gear piece floating around my unit freely as well. Sensing a pasttern already! I’m looking for something similar to help get the gears set up correctly again. It’s a great unit I just can’t wait to get it working correctly!

4. Lurya

Lurya New Member

It's been a long time since I thought about this recorder :)
    Thanks for your response!
    Unfortunately, none of the methods I tried could help get this naughty nylon part back together.
    The only solution I found was to order this part at a 3D print service, and from a brief research that I made, I found that it would be extremely expansive to order such part. First - it must be a nylon material to be strong enough and appropriate for this mechanical purpose, and not many 3D services are working with nylon, especially with that type of small parts. The other option I found is to create this part by molding - I have no clue how to do so. But I must say that I'm very optimistic for the chance to have the ability to create such part independently from scratch in the somewhat near future (probably some years from now we'll have affordable domestic 3D printers).
    If anyone here has any other cool solution for us, beyond gluing or common plastic 3D print (that won't be strong for this purpose) - that would be very cool to know :)

5. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

A CNC machined part might be an alternative.

Just a thought looking at it.

Would there be enough space to put a thin shim of metal e.g. 0.5mm underneath (cut to the three ended shape) and then glue the parts to it ?
    Model railway shops sell such metal.
    You might even be able to sand down the existing parts to make enough room.

6. Tyler Seip

Tyler Seip New Member

It hadn't even occurred to me to try to recreate the part! I've tried crazy glue but of course that has failed under the pressure of the spring. I was able to get the fast forward and rewind gears to function normally without it tho! However, my unit is still in need of some new parts, too many, so I actually have a second Rx-S28 on the way that I found cheap on line for parts! Very interested to see what that center piece will look like in this new unit! Very very egar to get this machiene working normally. The last step will be the belt! It's HUGE! Where to find is the question!

7. Lurya

Lurya New Member

Thank you so much for your input!

I wonder, How can I create such a part with a CNC method? Do these type of services have a scanning method like 3D printing?

I did try the other method too - with strong small metal rods/shims supporting the nylon parts - not working - too small to hold the pieces together.
    Again, I think creating the part from scratch will be the only lasting solution to make this unit work properly again...

Thank you all!