1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer SK-31 Cassette Radio boombox. Has anybody successfully re-belt this model?

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Cassette2go, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

Pioneer SK-31 Cassette Radio boombox. Has anybody successfully re-belt this model?
    If so, How do you keep the 11.7 inch flat belt from jumping off once the motor is energized?
    My pictures of how I took this model apart

Attached Files:

2. DutchNick

DutchNick Member

Hi, I note this is quite an old post now but thought I'd ask if you ever resolved this? I have just re-belted my SK31F (after a pretty comprehensive disassembly / clean / reassembly with fresh grease everywhere) using the belts from TTN and I am not seeing a jump-off problem. EDIT: Dammit, next day and the belt is jumping off!
    What I am seeing, however, is that FF won't latch (RW does fine). Extreme pressure on the FF lever - not something I like to do! - will sometimes latch it for a short while but it never sticks. Maybe I have engaged the search function by accident.
    I have the mech open right now so if there's anything you need pics of I am happy to help, and if you have anything to suggest on the FF latching, please share.
    And just in passing would you agree that this is one of the challenging mechs given that it's hard to get in a position to work on and see what's happening top and bottom?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022