1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prepaid Gift Card Issues

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Easthelp, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

Yesterday, March 3, 2017, I tried to order a plug-in microphone from BangGood.com for my Sharp GF-800H(S). Unless I'm amazingly mistaken, that big, powerful dual-decker has no built-in condenser microphones, so I've been thinking about buying a unidirectional or omnidirectional unit to use with the '800 via its MICROPHONE port. But I couldn't make the payment for the item via PayPal. I was reminded, quite frustratingly, that my prepaid VISA gift card can't be used internationally -- though I was able to use such a card to order the Sharp from an eBay seller in The Ukraine. (Shrug)

Does anyone know of any prepaid VISA (or MasterCard) gift cards -- or gift-type cards -- that can be used by an American buyer ordering something from that China-based website? That is, a card that doesn't have scary or frustrating financial requirements: high card-loading minimum amounts, strenuous credit or identity checks in the name of foiling terrorists, etc.?

2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

No idea. Is there a prepaid gift card forum? :)

3. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Easthelp, you are the king of asking questions nobody ever needed to know the answer to. In approximately three minutes i located over 2000 unidirectional microphones on ebay located in the US starting at $2. If you can't buy abroad then buy domestic.

I'm also not sure that a vintage audio forum is the best place to ask advice on pre payment visa cards but another google search revealed the answer to me.

Boodokhan likes this.