1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Punk record collector and sharp boom box enthusiast looking for help.

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by DGH875, Apr 7, 2017.

1. DGH875

DGH875 New Member

Hello everyone,

I joined this forum last year but seems to have changed address.

I love collecting punk reocrds and last year found out about the Sharp linear tracking boom boxes, and knew I wanted one. I managed to get a 2nd hand Vz-3510E for £25 that wasn't working. With a little TLC, new belts and a bloody good clean I got it all running again.

I now have a VZ-2500 that I want to replace my 3510E with, but I'm having issues with it. I've replaced all the belts but the record player is playing slow on side b at 33 and 45rpm, the a side plays fine at both speeds. I had to adjust the speed to get the a side right as both sides were slow, and now its just the b side and have no idea of how to fix it. (I have limited electrical skills)

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

All the best.

David

Attached Files:

2. bronco

bronco Active Member

Wellcome to the new Stereo2go DGH875:wavey:

3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

You got 2 beautiful boomboxes. The one that you placed on to is my favorite boombox turntable. I would love to have one in red. One of our most respected members placed a red one on sale about 3 months ago and sadly somebody else requested it before i knew it.
    This is my little story about that model.
    anyway,
    welcome to the forum DGH875

4. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

5. DGH875

DGH875 New Member

Thanks for the replies, I would love to own a v20r. I believe the same member may have given me some tips on how to get one last year.

6. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Welcome DGH875

That was a very good price you got the Vz-3510E for. Here is a similar Sharp vertical Hi-Fi in the (admittedly expensive) 1982 Kays Club Catalogue

sharp VZ.jpg

I have been looking around at portable turntables myself. Very few charity shops seem to bother with cassettes these days but there is still plenty of Vinyl around. You sometimes find a gem amongst the inevitable James Last LPs.

I'm guessing the motor reverses direction for Side B. If so there must be some kind of switching transistor or relay to make it do so. Maybe that is weak although it could easily be a mechanical problem. Have you got a service manual ? If not you should try and get one.

7. DGH875

DGH875 New Member

I do have a service manual, I found one online. I would need to have a look. However if it's an electrical problem then I will need some help the fault finding.