1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r-2-r cassette with a lot of fun

Discussion in 'Cassettes' started by autoreverser, Dec 5, 2017.

1. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

last weekend i was at a fleamarket and bought a cheap crappy telephone-answering-machine because it had a r-2-r cassette inside. the f***ing anwering machine just made it to the next reachable bin only, but i went home with the (nameless) tape.

so this eve i pulled out one of my minis and played this tape - my son and me were listening to the whole tape - what a fun - we almost laughed tears

this unit must have been in duty last time at least 30 years ago, the initial owner must have been a little scallum, there's mainly the same people asking for him to call back:
    - there's this turkish guy "Ali", who allways got some little "black paid" jobs for him
    - there's another guy "Robert", he allways sounds extremely busy, pronounces whenever he can that he's got a mobile telephone as well, from Nokia (!), but hardly uses it because that costs a lot
    - there's an obviously taiwanese or chinese lady phoning and talking in her motherlanguage
    - some different people, got his number from Ali and have little jobs for him (fix the boiler, fix the washing-machine, one lady who lost the exhaust of her car...)

...and finally, last call: his mom called, asking why he never calls her

i know, it's a bit disrespectful to dig in other people's privacy, but here it's a) bloody old and b) their owm fault - who the hell sells an answering-machine without at least erasing the cassette ?

well, i won't record over this...

IMG_3779.JPG

...sorry i used the cfm-15 with the dark smoked cassettelid

deech likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Active Member

Haha, sounds like you had fun listening to the voicemails, you're right about how he should have erased the tape if he didn't want it listened to, although it's good that he didn't. :lollegs:

Those 'black paid' jobs sound quite dodgy, maybe this guy was a hitman or something similar...
    The times have definitely changed with mobile phones, I'm on a contract which is quite expensive so I can't really afford not to use my phone. I don't think many people have Nokias anymore, the market (in the UK at least) mostly seems to be between Samsung and Apple.

I think you've inspired me to listen to my voicemails on my old phones, should be quite interesting to see what I've missed over the years. I have a feeling the messages will mostly be from an estate agent in Cornwall who thinks I want to sell a house and won't stop calling me.

3. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Brilliant ha i wouldnt be able to not listen to it either. I had a similar find from a micro cassette sometime ago and couldn't help but listen to it though it was mainly a family rowing :lollegs::lollegs:

4. deech

deech Well-Known Member

Had an experience like yours autoreverser too ! :)
    I played a tape and there was a sportcast of a
    football match that took place back in 1979 .