1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rare blue Sony Walkman WM 40

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by buzbox, Jun 6, 2017.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Well this is one Walkman I really thought I would never be able to find. After 2 years of searching I finally got one and also in great condition. A friend in Japan bought this for me a few weeks ago so I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Quite excited so I thought I'd share some photos with you all. For some weird reason I can't find any photos of a blue one on google. Never seen one on ebay either. The only photos I see of the blue WM 40 are in catalogue scans online. If anyone else here has one please share some photos too. I will upload better photos in the weekend when I received it. Enjoy!! Now I just need another black one to complete the series.

takagi0325-img450x600-1495933520h6jci39510.jpg takagi0325-img450x600-1495933520tgilnf9510.jpg

Brutus442, Ball000 and ElisioClio like this.
  2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

That's is indeed a rare model. I've never seen one like that, but I do have the WM-20.

3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

It is hard to find a WM-40 in any color and to find a blue one i can tell you are very lucky
    congratulation

4. krzysztofm30

krzysztofm30 Member

Looks great !

5. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Beautiful!!

6. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Received it today. Here it is along side the others. Need a black one to complete. Color on the blue seems faded so might think about redoing the color on it.

IMG_1446.jpg

sickly_b and Brutus442 like this.
  7. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Just MHO but I'd leave it that colour. Shows a bit of character. It's like antique furniture. It gets better with all of the flaws and experience.

8. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Totally agree. Just a thought on my part.

Nak D and Brutus442 like this.
  9. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

So just need a mint black WM 40 to complete this series. Will keep an eye out for one but in the mean time, DD series I got my eye on you!!! HEHEHEHE