1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reference forum

Discussion in 'Announcements and suggestions' started by Boodokhan, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Hello all
    I have a suggestion that can make this site more helpful for all of us and those who need important information about cassette players

I am suggesting to add a forum named " Reference" or something similar

in this forum will have 4 categories: "Boomboaxes" , "Walkmans" , "Decks", "others"

each category should have subcategories: for example for walkman category, subcategories will be:
    1- Sony : WM series
    2- Sony :EX series
    3- Sony : other series

(subcategories make the search easy and convenient)
    examples of topics in the subcategory of sony WM:

" apprpriate belt size for walkmans"
    " service manuals for sony walkman WM series"
    " how to disassemble sony walkman WM-3"

This way we can turn S2G to the most comprehensive site for vintage electronics. right now we use a different way of "pinning the topic" or "best threads" but this way its not the best convenient way of searching the topics and using the search option itself will not direct you to the right topic if tagging the topic was not done the right way,
    We can always move important topics from other forums/ subforums to reference forum once they meet the criteria

For example : Bub has a topic of how to fix the clutch on WM-150 which can be places in reference forum.
    another member is looking for a external battery compartment " which can be found in the potential future topic of " Compatible battery compartments"

anyway, it is just a suggestion

2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for your suggestion Boodo, I'll take a look at that for sure.
    There's a problem with moving threads from their place to another new one, and that could cause confusion. Another way is to add and use tags in threads; that can solve both problems.
    Anyway, I'll discuss it with the other three owners. Thanks :thumbsup: