1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring my Boodo Khan

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by big_brian, Oct 7, 2017.

1. big_brian

big_brian Member

Is there anyone in Canada who restores old Walkmans? Just hate to send it outside the country - issues with duty, taxes etc. Needs new foam on the inside of the headphones and hopefully just a tune up? Doesnt really click. Dont think the centre gear is gone - as I have rarely used it. Any names of people would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Brian

2. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I could move to Canada :blablabla:

3. big_brian

big_brian Member

Shipping to and from the States wouldn't be all that bad. I guess all I would have to pay is the duty on the work done. As long as the border dudes saw it the same way and didnt want me to pay duty on the walkman plus the work done......

Cassette2go likes this.
  4. Cassette2go

you could send it as a broken gift and I could send it back the same way to avoid duties :reelspin:

5. big_brian

big_brian Member

Thanks for all your help and info!!! As long as the border dudes are in agreement - I don't think the US guys care but the Canuck ones may not believe.

6. Cassette2go

SONY BOODO KHAN I won.jpg
    Text from this ebay listing:
    This is an original working Sony Cassette player. This DD-100 Cassette Player has the Japanese symbols, and the BOODO KHAN logos on it. These are all original and the sound is crisp and clear. The player still has the original Factory DOL Sticker, and the "Its a Sony" Sticker on the front. This is in Excellent condition for it's age. The player has NO dents or dings in case, and only normal light use scuffs on the corners and edges of paint. The plastic clear window of the cassette door has some scuffs from use. The inside is Clean and the door latches good. All functions of the player work, fast forward, rewind, Play, and volume control. Sound is clean and clear. This cassette player requires two "AA" batteries which are not included. This is a very nice player and is hard to find in such great condition. This player was purchased and used only once or twice and has been stored safely for many years. Great for the lover of all things SONY.

7. Cassette2go

8. big_brian

big_brian Member

Thanks!!! I had seen that before but was scared to start taking the BK apart - especially if the centre gear isn't broken.

9. Cassette2go

When you get out your player and You play it ..... and then read HIS Description for any of the faults, that he list's there & if there are none that match with YOUR Machine then you good ! OK ?

10. big_brian

big_brian Member

Ok - thanks!