1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning member

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Atomtan, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Atomtan

Atomtan New Member

Greetings from Leicester. Have been a clash fan since 1979, which by default means boxes have been an icon in my life since then. I didn't think I was a collector until I realised there are seven in the house.

Members here have been a great help to me in the past, so I am pleased the forum is still here.

2. bronco

bronco Active Member

Hi Atomtan. Nice to meet members of the old forum joined in the new one. Be welcome.

3. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Welcome mate, what are the magic 7 then eh?

4. Atomtan

Atomtan New Member

No desirable boxes I am afraid, but The mag 7 are:

Hitachi TRK8200 - owned from new (the best I could afford from Argos in 1981).
    Hitachi TRK8200 (purchased as scrap in case I needed parts, but built up as custom unit with bluetooth for my daughter).
    Crown CSC656 (owned one in the early 80s, liked it as a mid size) and bagged one from Ebay some years ago.
    JVC - RC-X720 - owned from new.
    Panasonic RX-DS101 - sadly used as a the decorating radio.......
    Pye 8103 - found in an old house, which I could never bring myself to bin.
    Sharp GF9090 - found on the local market for a tenner last year, in a dreadful state. I always wanted a 9191 to follow the Clash one that Futura painted back in the day, but they seem expensive. People here inspired me to get the 9090 fully cleaned and fixed up. There is something about this unit that appeals to me more and more as ownership time passes, and they are certainly well made

5. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Hey no thats a good mini collection right there. I have a Hitachi 8200 which i got from a good friend and its a great unit i could never part with. I also have lots from the Sharp line up and even after all i still love the little 9090. You are right they are intriguing and well made.

6. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Welcome back, mate! :)