1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo JJ-R4 in White

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by mrp32Dave, Jan 23, 2017.

1. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

Got this a couple of weeks ago, been waiting for belts to arrive, rebelted it this morning works and sounds great.
    It does have a few scratches and paint chips, but not too bad and still looks nice, but for £10 can't really complain. It is missing the AA battery holder, but can use gumsticks so not really a problem.
    Came with the original carry case which is always nice.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

buzbox likes this.
  2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Well thats a hell of a buy for £10, how was the rebelting?

I have just rebelted a couple of walkmans lately, have practised on a couple of low end ones as it's quite different to doing a boombox.

Thats a really nice looking Sanyo, looks like a direct competitor to some of the later Sony walkmans.

3. mrp32Dave

Yeah it was, no one else bid on it? Got for the start price.
    These are easy to rebelt?, you can do it without having to fully remove the board.
    I too started repairing low end models before I was confident to move onto more advanced machines.
    I started collecting 'Walkman' long before boxes, maybe 15 ago years now, I have more hundreds than I care to count, so can rebelt most without a problem.

4. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

These Sanyo are a marvel of miniaturisation. Congrats!

5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Your walkman looks beautiful and almost minty.If you have taken pictures share some from inside compartment and how the movement is.

6. mrp32Dave

I didn't take any pictures of the inside, I normally do for reference, but know these very well as I have a few that use this mechanism, more by Sanyo, kenwood, Hitachi and Lo'D.
    I may open it up again as FF and RWD are as strong as they should be, if I do I'll take some photos.

Boodokhan likes this.