1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Rockola finished at last!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Northerner, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I got this cabinet a few months back but it's taken many many hours of stripping, polishing, adapting, respraying, etc etc but it's finally finished. Got modern amp and speakers, Bluetooth, lots of led lights, including colour changing one, and it sounds awesome and I think it's beautiful. I know it's not a boombox but I reckon boomers and jukeboxes go together pretty well. Just gotta print some title strips. Anyway, hope you like it
    IMG_2874.JPG IMG_2879.JPG IMG_2882.JPG

Radio Raheem and mrp32Dave like this.
  2. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

Great resto looks fantastic :thumbsup:, a friend of mine has a 50's Wurlitzer it's amazing.

Northerner likes this.
  3. Northerner

A 50's one would be awesome :nodding:

4. Northerner

Very little love for jukeboxes around here it seems lol. I have so many memories of good times playing music on pub jukeboxes they have the same sort of nostalgic appeal for me as boomboxes...guess it's just me tho :laugh:

5. Jvc floyd

Jvc floyd Member

Hell I love jukeboxes, pool tables ,whiskey. A match made in heaven.

Northerner likes this.
  6. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Nope not just you Si, likewise i have fond memories of hanging out in the pub playing pool and listening to the Jukebox. Modern ones just arent the same, there are thousands of tunes for a start and its like navigating a huge phone....

Amen to that Floyd.

Northerner likes this.
  7. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

I think it's just stunning Si, it's just this place, back to hardly any posts but i love it:wavey:

Northerner likes this.
  8. Jvc floyd

Jvc floyd Member

I had a pool table in my living room for 16 years until I had to move then I let my roommate take it cuz he has basement he set it up there and I can I can play on it if I want to drive two hours each way lol.

Northerner likes this.
  9. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

I could never see from one end to tother on a pooltable floyd, to much pasterbaking lol but i miss the pub days years ago, no smoking in pubs killed all that off lad, there is just no point in going to a pub if you can't smoke.

tell ya si, if i had room etc id trade an m90 for you're juke box no prob, i don't give a stuff what people are asking for them, it's just outstanding work my friend:wink:

10. Northerner

Cheers buddy :thumbsup:

11. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I have been wondering what is inside. You mention that you have changed the amp but does it still have a record deck and records
    in there ?

It got me thinking (and researching) about Juke boxes I used to use. The most interesting one had a long window through which
    you could see the records which were stored on their edges in a long rack. When you played one the player would go along a rail,
    fish out the record and then play it vertically Sharp VZ2000 style. An earlier version of this is the most likely candidate.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...+records+vertically+nsm&imgrc=xYdLKyEpAgisjM:

p.s. I'm now thinking about the introduction to "Happy days" which of course started with a Jukebox playing the Happy Days theme tune,
    although that one had a more conventional mechanism.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017