1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sold a Sanyo C20 and got 2 more...

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by T-ster, Apr 8, 2017.

1. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

So i had a Sanyo C20 record boombox for sale and advertised locally as it was way too heavy to send. Happy to sell it at much less than market value as it was pick up only.

A fella calls to pick it up and as my missus had mentioned i fix them up he turns up with a Sanyo M9998 and a Hiotachi 3D5 !

He was going to chuck them out so we strike a deal and off he goes. So much for making room, i just got rid of one and got two!

The 3D5 has the cassette doors that don't lift, i think this is typical of 3D's and somethings broken off. The Sanyo I am going to try and fix up. It does have 2 issues tho:

1. It has a hard wired power lead and a weird switch where you would normally plug a lead in, would like the parts to rectify this.

2. It has broken AMS and Edit button

If anyone could help out with parts for either of the above do let me know.

20170408_173736.jpg
    20170408_173741.jpg

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  2. T-ster

Wow tough crowd.....

3. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

I have the AMS and edit buttons, but they are pitted still perfectly usable though, let me know if you want them :biggrin:

4. T-ster

Ah Dave to the rescue again! I owe you big time. I had another offer for the buttons but the are in Australia, I will take you up on your offer if i may.

I hope i can return the favor soon Dave. I can paypal you some cash to :thumbup:

5. mrp32Dave

No problem, I'll have to dig out my parts 9998, not quite sure where it is :scratch2:
    all the inards are in a box somewhere.
    Don't worry about any payment, I'll try and get the parts posted Saturday if not It will be Tuesday, any other parts you need?

6. T-ster

Well to be honest i could really do with the AC power section to if its possible. Where the fig 8 lead normally plugs in there is now a switch poking out and a hardwired power lead where the circular voltage selector was. I would love to replace all that with the proper voltage selctor/ac power connector etc. Tall ask i know but just in case!

7. mrp32Dave

No it's not a tall ask at all, I have those parts also, I have a really busy weekend coming up so might not be able to get the parts together until Monday, so I'll aim to post them to you on Tuesday :biggrin:

8. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Can only say the same about Dave guys, he is sending me more things for my sharp for feee, Stand up guy and this is how we all should roll, thanks again dave lad :bigthumbsup::wavey:

9. mrp32Dave

Just dug out my parts 9998, looking at the power supply section it will easier for both of us if I send you it complete, rather than me de-soldering the parts you need then you soldering them on to yours.
    Here's some pics showing the power supply and cassette levers with the pitting. Let me know if you need the plastic RCA covers as this has the full set?
    While I was looking for the 9998 I found a nice Akai box I'd forgotten about, I'll post it in I found this :lollegs:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

10. T-ster

Cassette section looks great Dave, im not worried about the slight pitting as mine are completely buggered. To be honest im quite interested in the whole back case as it has all the power parts, rca covers etc and would just be a straight swap for me. Let mwe know if thats an option Dave and i'll buy em. Thanks very much for digging them out.

11. mrp32Dave

The back case is not in very good condition has a lot of scratches one the the antenna clips is snapped off and the battery connections are very rusty and would need replacing. If you would like all the cassette keys let me know.

12. T-ster

Thanks Dave, I only need the 2 cassette keys i think, the others feel ok. My back case has both aerials intact but both clips missing too, these must be fragile.

Well if its ok i'll take the complete power section and the 2 keys and perhaps the rca covers. Much appreciated.

13. mrp32Dave

OK no problem just removed all the parts, probably won't get these posted to you until Weds morning.
    Here's a picture of the parts I'm sending plus some others that may be useful, the EDIT key is fairly easily removes but the AMSS key is connected to a solenoid by a spring and the motor mount plate has to be removed to get the spring off so the key can be removed, it will be a major strip down to replace these keys.
    It was fairly easy for me with the chassis and deck section already removed.

6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

14. T-ster

Thanks Dave.

The pictures are a very good idea as that will help me immensely in getting the keys removed and new ones in place thank you.

I'd like to paypal you some cash or send a gift to say thanks!

15. Erniejade

Erniejade Member

How do you like that Sanyo M9998? I thought it had a nice sound to it.