1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some of my Discman

Discussion in 'Discmans, Minidisc, DCC and other players' started by mrp32Dave, Mar 8, 2017.

1. 19lexicon78

19lexicon78 Active Member

sony's best line-out discman d303
    sony's best headphones-out discman d311 and d515. and yes, i've got 2 special edition 311's..
    philips az6819/29 is far better. haven't got the dcp150. it seemed the dcp100 isn't that interesting.

2. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Member

This is definitely in line with my impressions as well, although I've never heard the Philips or Denon units. Curious, what is special about the special edition 311s?

3. 19lexicon78

19lexicon78 Active Member

only 3000 made. it's the same internal as a normal 311, but is gold silver color external.

4. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Hi Jorge,

I have an SL-XP5 in it's box but it doesn't power up and has the dreaded broken hinge pin issue, so common with these models. I did look into kaosuncd site for repairing not only this model but also my D5.

Are you saying the XP5 cannot be fixed? :beg:cry2

IMG_9968.JPG IMG_9970.JPG

5. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

It can be fixed, just more difficult than Discmans (but reviving D-50 MkII is a bitch too!) Officially he states that he does not service Technics. But he did put new cells into dead battery pack for my XP5 and also checked XP5 itself. Ask him nicely... ;) and Please update here how it went :)
    Here is the exact point when I realized that fixing XP5 is above my pay-grade:
    L1070696sm.JPG
    I put four screws back and mailed this baby to Kaosun.

Brutus442 likes this.
  6. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Changing light bulbs is above my paygrade so you shouldn't worry about your skill set Jorge.

I'll have to wait until near the end of January to ask him. I've tapped myself out a bit on Christmas shopping this year. Didn't plan to but .....:read