1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony sport headphones for a buck? Woo hoo!...?

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by PULOVR, Jan 19, 2018.

1. PULOVR

PULOVR Member

The other day I thought I had found an old set of sealed Sony MDR-W08L sport headphones at a Goodwill store in downtown Toronto. I was checking out their big plastic bins where "All items in this bin are $1 each" when I came across them. I've never grabbed something so quick in my life. I thought I had found a cool set of vintage sport headphones.
    :moonwalk:

Anyway, I continued my cheerful shopping spree in their poor excuse for an "electronics section". Nothing really there. It seems all the good stuff is always picked through in these types of places. :frown:

After that I went to go pay from my "steal of a deal" headphones. That's when I noticed something that didn't look right. When I first saw them in the bin, I thought one of the Goodwill peeps had accidental marked the package with a sharpie, but upon a closer inspection my glee turned to disappointment. It seems these were not "SONY" sport headphones, but "SQNY" sport headphones. lol WTF?

For your enjoyment, here is the package before I opened it.

[​IMG]

With that said, I do know that some fakes/knockoffs/bootlegs are actually worth something (one example would be those Turkish Uzay bootleg Star Wars figures). Hmm, I wonder if these fake SQNY headphones would be worth more than a buck to someone...? Any takers?
    :smoke

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018