1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Walkman DC2 my order

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by ElisioClio, Jun 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Hello everyone. I just bought the DC2 Walkman for 40 euros to trade. Anyway, I got mail today. See video. Has little problem headdress volume. I'll see thing inside and clean. Cassette Pink Floyd is my record and it's 1989, I did not break the tape. Walkman DC2 came to TDK cassette, maybe lord vendor forgot .... see video

Brutus442 likes this.
  2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Nice price, you should get that main gear fixed as it's clicking which means it's on it's way out.

Since you are using it via an external amped speakers, you should use your line out from the DC2 to bypass the headphone amp on the DC2.

3. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

[QUOTE = "TooCooL4, post: 9681, membro: 257"] Bom preço, você deve obter essa engrenagem principal fixada, pois está clicando, o que significa que está na saída.

Como você está usando isso através de alto-falantes amped externos, você deve usar a linha de saída do DC2 para ignorar o amplificador de fone de ouvido no DC2. [/ QUOTE]

Yeah. I did not know that. Yes it has defect gear, need arrangement. I'll get it later when I'm on time. Yes, DC2 Walkman more or less costing between 250 to 500 euros depends on Ebay. But I saw advertisement Portugal did not expect it, I search Olx Portugal plus 2 years never had this. Until now I got it. Luck. If I do not look I'll lose ..... Thanks

4. TooCooL4

Yes the price in DC2 is crazy, i would never pay that kind of money. I have i think 6 x DC2's left, most are in for repair. See here

5. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Actually about DC2 Walkman. It's beautiful. Today I've heard his music about 80 minutes, with famous Pink Floyd music.
    With volume close to 9 depends 8.5, truth has fine sound like CD or Mp3, missing Bass there.
    I ask you, is DC2 correct sound fine?
    Walkman DD or DDll sound example is not equal to DC2 because it has amorphous head.
    DC2 wheel tape without music makes no noise?

6. TooCooL4

Not sure what your question is, but i like the sound of DC2 and the only one i like better in the Sony lineup is D6C.

7. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Great. I understand your taste. Of course Walkman group DD are handsome. Well, I do not have WM-D6C. I'll see you soon.

8. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Now current. Listen to music with DC2 walkman in the cafe. It's my time. And fucking ugly Walkman look great .... because fashion mp3 and I cassette no problem at all.

Attached Files:

9. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

A DC2 and Shine On You Crazy Diamond....Pink Floyd was meant for headphones!

What album was this recording from.? Delicate Sound Of Thunder?

10. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Pink Floyd Live at Venice Full Show 1989. Part 1 and 2. It was recorded EVEN ORIGINAL Cassette 1989, when I was 16, my neighbor had Disco Vinyl LP Recorded for cassette. Brand stereo was Pionner.

11. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

40 Euros!!! Wow. I just got my DC2 working but mine has the broken gear also. Need to get it repaired. The fast forward and rewind doesn't work on mine. I read somewhere that it's also a common issue with these players? Even with the clicking the sound on the DC2 is superb.

12. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

It's normal for all Walkman type to be broken gear. Rare good state.
    First bought DD was DD33 walkman and saw YouTube how to do and realized.
    First photo, I did. Then glue cold solder and then dry and repair it looks good.
    Or another way, stand another alternate old gear then cut piece like tooth and paste.
    Stereo2go said.
    See picture.
    Silence. I felt my hand without heavy vibration.
    Perfect sound, sharpness similar to CD quality.
    No mega bass.
    Depends on your tape recording.

Attached Files:

turtle561 and buzbox like this.