1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support this forum!!!

Discussion in 'Stereo2Go classifieds (not auctions)' started by Jorge, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@autoreverser had a giveaway idea which somehow stuck in my head. All of a sudden, today, after attending a charity auction where my wife (Allois at allois.com) sold her painting for $1,850 for some good cause (dont ask me which one: I was having fun drinking free vino!) it clicked! If you guys have some goodies u can spare, then sell it on eBay (or Audiogon) and put the proceeds onto stereo2go!!
    Lets help our admin dudes keep this site going!
    I'm going to start tomorrow, with one of my Discmans. Will keep you posted...

2. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

A good idea to help the site we love!

3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

well, imagine you sell something on Ebay to somebody and transfer the money to S2G and after few days the guy wants to place bad review against you and wants his/her money back.
    I like your idea of supporting our site and helping the people who put their time and effort to keep this site going but we can do it here instead of Ebay or other places

We can place topics in : 2nd hand market , Stereo2Go classifieds (not auctions)
    and whoever offers more will get the item and donate the money or part of it to S2G

It is just a suggestion

Command8 and Brutus442 like this.
  4. Brutus442

Good points Boodokhan...

I could just stick to doing what I do now...selling my organs for cash on the black market. :thumbsup:

Boodokhan likes this.
  5. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Sorry, dudes, you lost me here! If my buyer wants money back (never happened to me, but maybe just not yet), then he/she (I am being sarkastic about "she" here) will get her money back from me, Not S2Go. But the message at the end of my post that "all proceeds go towards S2G" will get noticed by all those eBay shoppers. What is wrong with that?!?

6. Boodokhan

Nothing wrong with that
    You have a nice suggestion and i liked your suggestion but still i am thinking that we can do it in our own forum rather than ebay. again it is my suggestion and it doesn't mean that i don't like your suggestion. :wink:

7. Brutus442

Ditto.

8. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

So... a moment ago Sony double-deck that @Boodokhan dropped off onto my lap got fixed and sold on eBay here. Against your advises and my better judgment I did put a note that all proceeds will go to S2G forum. Once the buyer is satisfied they ($$$) will! Another deck that @Boodokhan left with me was "fixed" by its previous owner, so I am waiting for some parts coming from... guess where?... you guessed right, China :(
    Technically, once funds are cleared, buyer happy, and S2G supported, @Boodokhan should have the credit, all I did was having fun tinkering:)

At least a few hundred hits and a few dozen watchers must have learned about S2G existence ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Boodokhan likes this.
  9. Boodokhan

Wow, excellent job by fixing the that deck. Jorge you are an expert. How did you fix that??????
    All the credit goes to you my friend.
    Stereo2go is a valuable site due to its great members like you. I am very proud of you :worship:.

10. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Thanks! :redface
    Sony was easy, just one locked lever: some greases and brass do not like each other. Nothing drastic in this case though, not even close to what I saw fixing Zeiss Jena microscope objectives, Zeiss-Jena used infamous Soviet "tank grease":confused:
    Denon is more difficult: some loose parts got stuck inside cassette mech, but some are lost. Since it is boxed, I will put some extra efforts into it

Boodokhan likes this.
  11. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Nice work, I would have liked to have seen the listing. Any tricks for getting a BIC Turntable Platter loose? I've tried the internet tricks but still have a couple that won't turn because the grease turns to superglue.

12. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

no idea! but nothing beats soaking metal parts for a few weeks in Acetone... and what is this "penetrating oils" advise? is it somehow different from light synthetic oil?

13. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Jorge likes this.