1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Three Bears

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by PHILIP[, Oct 1, 2017.

1. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

Here are three of my latest additions to my collection Daddy Mummy And Baby Bears..

The Daddy is a Philips D7143 which I picked up on E-bay for £5 plus postage ,
    Mummy a FM stereo radio SRF-*)W with a separate docking Station for external speakers .it is possible to connect the Sony TPS_L2 to via its audio in socket and it runs on either battery or via DC-Rv socket .It was a buy on Ebay from a Dutch Seller for £18approx .The postage was nearly as much. Finally, Baby Bear which was the dearest @£103 plus postage .Again it is a wireless but withe the addition of a cassette player .The model number is WA-8800 and is one of the earliest radio cassettes I believe .

IMG_0163

2. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

I am sorry but the photo has not worked >I will post when I can

3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

If you mean this one

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sony_wa_8800wa880.html

It looks to be a lovely radio but you are at least fifteen years out. LCDs hadn't even been invented when the first Boombox type machines started to appear.
    Someone here had a Crown from the early 1970s.

4. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

Hi Longman

Yes thats the one but you are of course correct I had thought it was early because of the order in the Sony walkman Site and I had completely overlooked thee The LCD in the display .However it is a nice machine .The other radio is I think much earlier .Well I hope so .I cannot get my picture to upload .It is on Photos On my I-mac and I cannot copy and paste to the internet but i will keep trying as I come up to 69 .

5. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

6. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

I have managed to download the picture at last so I hope it was worth it