1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPS-L2 box

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Boodokhan, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I was watching this item on Ebay and the auction ended. It was interesting to me to see how much people are willing to pay for a an empty box (with booklet)
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1981-SONY-W...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Sold for US $403.88

Imagine the guy who bought this cannot match the serial number of the box with his possible walkman.

So my question is how much is a complete boxed TPS-L2??
    TPS-L2 box.jpg

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

It is pretty cool looking into all the stuff in that box. If you had a cheap player to go with the box I have to believe there is still some money left on the table, but the big question is what happened to the original player?

3. renzgi

renzgi Member

The very rare unused demo tape is also to be considered here ......

4. Chris

Chris Active Member

There's probably a lot of people out there kicking themselves for getting rid of their Walkman boxes, who really keeps a box when buying something new?

5. kitchen10

kitchen10 Active Member

It's crazy how much these TPS-L2 units and their accessories go for nowadays, only a few years back they were very affordable. Wish I'd been able to buy one back then!

I've got the Jungle Strut / Grieg Piano Concerto CD-813 demo tape with the orange Walkman logo, anyone know which models it was supplied with?

Henry

6. renzgi

renzgi Member

Definitely I am sure that it came with WM2 and WM3. Other models are possible, but I don't know.

kitchen10 likes this.
  7. kitchen10

kitchen10 Active Member

Thank you. I had assumed that it would be included with only the fairly early models.

Henry