1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triple Trouble

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Transistorized, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Oh dang that's a heavyweight stack

Transistorized likes this.
  3. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

That's Class! :thumbsup:

4. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

Just stopped by this topic to shake this head of mine and to start asking: Where do you folks find these fine-looking units? Is that JVC RC-M90 the -JW version or is it another version with that model's maximum raft of six shortwave bands? (Uh, to retreat somewhat: do the cassette decks on both those mighty Conions work, recording and all? Or does Transistorized have to do soldering, re-belting and other acts of electromechanical enhancement? It's not naïve to assume that the 'M90 has a working tape deck on seeing that reel-to-reel cassette in there, is it?)

5. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

Hello Easthelp. It was a long road with many years of waiting before I could grab these. My wife only allows me limited quantity so I had to shoot for the moon.

I usually look for boxes with a few issues here and there I know I can fix to help offset the cost a little. They're so expensive when fully working. I have managed to repair the Conions myself to full working order play and record wise. Both top and bottom cassette decks work as they should on both Conions. The only thing they both suffer from are MSSI (music search) on the bottom deck doesn't work on either of them but play, record, FF, Rew all work as they should and the top decks play good with auto-reverse, FF, Rew and Eject working good. Electronically and mechanically very sound for both of them. Cosmetics are fair. What blemishes they have I look at as patina of its past and actually enjoy it :)

The M90 is the JW version but has the C (Canadian version) Amplifier board within it's chassis. The JVC models have the shortwave bands. The Victor model has only AM/FM tuner. This JVC RC-M90JW was more of a challenge and required donor parts from a fellow member (Chronic). It is fully operational. Functionality is 100%.

As far as finds, there are none around here. I had to get to know folks within the forums and continue with finding 'But it Now' deals on eBay but that took 5 years before I landed a decent deal on a unmolested box. eBay can be risky though. Buying from fellow members is almost always a safer bet. Always keep an eye out because you never know.

Thank you for stopping in and asking questions.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017