1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA and U.K. Hand baggage ban

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by doublecee, Mar 21, 2017.

1. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

youve probably seen the news already.

This is going to be interesting. I fly long haul throughout the year for my work. And often fly with either a DC2 or DD9.

Now whilst the ban covers mostly laptops and tablets, I can just see some security official not allowing either through... and as a result, losing the unit/units.

Because the majority of my long haul flights go through either Abu Dhabi or Dubai, I think it's time to start using cheaper, easier to replace models such as the ex-505 or ex-670.

I've already had some issues pre ban because the general consensus is that the Walkman seems very out of place with today's traveller. So a Walkman and dozens of tapes sticks out like a sore thumb on X-ray as does the plethora of Batteries. So I can only imagine this situation to worsen if the ban gains traction.

2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

I get this all the time, they always stop me and check my bag by hand as I always have plenty of batteries and tapes and separate headphone amp. Some times the people know what it is but a lot of the time they don’t. Once the guy checking wanted to buy my DC2 from me, I said no told him to look on eBay.

3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I don't think lay over can affect your situation. So if your original airport is in London you should be fine.

4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

:lollegs:
    very funny
    Did he know how much a DC2 worth nowadays?

5. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Not worried at the moment... but certainly one to keep an eye on.

6. TooCooL4

Not sure if he did, but i would not sell it anyway even though i have 5 of them.

7. TooCooL4

Just looking at the dimensions they say, this is not looking good for me taking my Sony Walkman Pro on some flights with. How long till they make this mandatory for every single flight.