1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vwestlife: 13 reasons why Cassettes are cool again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Longman, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I don't know how many of you watch VWestlife on Youtube. Having done quite a bit on Vinyl he has just posted this:

2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Interesting list! Some points are overlapping, but myguess he wanted to reach the magic 13 number :eek:
    As a recent user of Tidal (I couldn't miss 90-days free offer!) I can add two more:
    13a - Record onto cassette when streaming Tidal (or whatever). Play back with all 'putery gadgetry off
    13b - Digital recorded onto cassette sounds better (to me) when played back. I have no idea why! All I know is that Mike Fremer and Art Dudley (my audio heroes) could not answer this Q either. Dudley started theorizing that cart motor generating primordial signal is better than modulating preexisting "flat-line" with Ones and Zeroes, but ended up saying that probably he just likes distortions. So I will stick with this: I like W&F layer over "perfect sound forever" :)

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Longman, I've watched a few of his videos after you recommended TechMoan (and his videos were on the sidebar). I also watched the Sinclair Movie you recommended, keep on posting!

We have a radio show here where they rate your masculinity by your "cylinder count" the number of pistons you have including your car, mower, weed wacker, etc. Maybe we need a head count for members, the number of tape heads each member has, I have to believe it's in the hundreds for some members....

4. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Interesting. I agree some points somewhat overlap but anyway interesting.
    I guess he had some work until he found 13 reasons...
    Thanks!