1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Was Your Best Find Of 2016?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by nickeccles, Dec 24, 2016.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Love that Nippon
    Very nice mate!

deech likes this.
  2. NevOne

NevOne Member

My best find? I guess National RX 7000.
    By the way Deech, I absolutely love the color scheme of your walls, I know everybody does it around there but still love it. :)

3. deech

deech Well-Known Member

DSC05421.JPG Mihai and Nick thanks for your kind Comments !:)
    Btw Nev this is not my wall but a church by the sea near where i live .
    RX7000 IS a classic machine , i d love to see yours nev.

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  4. NevOne

NevOne Member

2017 is the year I am finally getting my boombox room, so far all I can show is this:
    tmp_30831-DSC_12151355061602.JPG
    Somewhere around there I have the National as well. The basement of my new house is yet to be made livable but I will post the process... And the tons of boxes I got since my last posts.

nickeccles and deech like this.
  5. deech

deech Well-Known Member

Cant wait to see the procedure Mihai ! :)
    Missed your posts brother , cant forget the thread that did
    go on for years with your immaculate collection and your dog around them.

6. nickeccles

Love those white buildings/villa's etc very much the style over there - sun & beautiful views & even better with a boomer sat on them :wink:

7. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

A nice and clean D6C with the box and all acessories

8. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

I'd like to add a late entry that I didn't find but a great member here found for me while visiting my city...Unfortunately I can't find a better pic at the mo...
    A Sony CFS 45
    IMG_1819.JPG IMG_1822.JPG
    Thanks Samovar!....for revealing how pathetic my "hunting skills" are in my own backyard!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::wink:. I really love this box because it reminds me of the great time I had with Samovar..:cheers::drinks

nickeccles likes this.
  9. nickeccles

I have 47L which is very similar - Reminds me of my schooldays where someone had a 45 same as yours :wink:

Sony CFS-47L - April 2016 (7).jpg

Brutus442 likes this.
  10. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Funny you mention that someone you knew had this model Nick. My next door neighbour had the same 47L and when I saw the 45 that Sal gave me, it immediately reminded my of my friend next door. It's amazing how these simple things bring back a flood of memories isn't it?

Your box is in great shape Nick ! Nice touch with the word " VOLUME" on your cutting board in the shot!:thumbsup:

nickeccles likes this.
  11. nickeccles

Many of these boomers bring back memories :wink:

The only downside for me is that they also remind me of a more innocent time which is realised only when you're jolly well grown up & been through whatever life throws at you!!

I'm afraid I was already nuts about boomers even then - little else mattered :reelspin: :reelspin:

My love of the humble cassette & the huge variety of decks lives on, I love how the manufacturers really pushed cassette technology to the limits - In 1980 to 1985 things progressed, prices fell & it was possible for all of us to enjoy the freedom & portability that the format allowed us!!

Walkmans, boomers & home hi-fi were all brought closer together & it really was a very exciting time & one I will never forget :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When I sit in front of one of my boomers & blast it out, there is not much else in the world that still makes me feel so happy :wink: :wink: :wink:

The forums are so great - I now know I am not alone...........& that many of you are madder than I am when it comes to their boomers :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I just look at em some days, there are always a few around to admire!! Just love what they are & what they give us!!