1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WM-D6C green headphone socket

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by greg, Sep 22, 2017.

1. greg

greg Member

Hi there

Does anyone know a source of replacement D6C headphone sockets, the green one? Either generic or approved stock is super.

Plastic on mine has degraded with age and now split, temporarily repaired with cyanocrylate glue, which won't last long.

All avenues or help welcomed.

TIA

Greg
    2017-09-22 12.32.46.jpg

2. greg

greg Member

Extra pics: DSC05345.JPG DSC05346.JPG

3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Never use CA superglue! Do not be lazy, use epoxy and be generous about applying it all over and you will be good for another lifetime. (Wish I followed this rule, as it is I also start with CA and then have to refix it).
    The substitute? Question had been asked more than once but it is either unavailable or those "in the know" keep it to themselves. Going thru Mouser and DigiKey catalogs I found nothing :(

4. davebush

davebush Active Member

5. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

You wont know until u buy:(
    But for a few pennies its gonna be a great info for The Community ;)
    I was talking about 2 part 5 min epoxy glue, the one sold in syringes. Just plug all tiny holes with some BluTack so that epoxy wont seep inside

6. greg

greg Member

UPDATE:

Commercial new socket search was fruitless. I went through thousands, quite literally.

Sourced a black line-in D6C socket stripped and sold on the *bay. After pictures from the vendor, it seemed like it would fit. Arrived from Germany to the UK in a few days, soldered carefully in and works a treat.

So, that's a very positive result, if you can source a used/stripped black jack from a WM-D6C, they fit the green headphone jack/socket solder holes on the PCB I can confirm. I'm not sure if this is just revision 1/ or revision 2 or all of the revisions until it ceased produiction.

Greg