1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth pulling the trigger?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Antoni, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Antoni

Antoni Active Member

Someone near me is selling this panasonic RQ-SW09V.
    He says on his post that, it works well and that it is also rare due to its unique colour.
    I don't have to have it however, at the right price..... I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection.
    He is asking $40 CND ($33 US)
    Though?

00x0x_kU2BMSHS3WX_1200x900.jpg

2. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

I have one of these, which I bought back in the day. Lovely but basic model, which came in different colors (mine is azure and transparent). I don't think this unit is rare I have seen it time and again at the fleamarket.

This said, I don't know the market prices for walkmans, so my opinion is not reliable. Also it's biased because I remember that in the 90s this unit sold for peanuts even when new in box. But, if it's full working and accessorized, and if you like it, probably $40 is a fair price.

3. Brandon

Brandon Member

I collect most of the better Panasonics because nobody wants them so that's a win win for me , That's about £20 UK which is a bit more than I usually like to pay :emoji_blush:.
    That being said if they are the original headphones I would probably buy it .

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

You can find normal run of the mill yellow Shockwaves pretty easily, I've never seen this red version, it's pretty cool and visually looks great. For me the price is kind of in the territory of I'd have to think about it but remember it will be a long time until you see another one again. Brand new I think it was around $160.00 USD, so not too cheap but they still put more of the money in the water sealing. I have a bunch of the sports models, value-wise they are just a little better than basic models but they are still cool.

Here's a cool Japanese Blog for Shockwaves, I don't see any red ones in the blog.
    http://mixtapetroopers.blog49.fc2.com/blog-entry-497.html

DSC07787_01.jpg

5. Mister X

6. Mister X

7. Antoni

Antoni Active Member

OMG, you guys are awesome
    If he gets back to me and takes offers, I'll get it.
    I will let you guys know.

8. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Not exact "nobody." The greatest expert of Panasonic walkmans was the late John Edwards, may he rest in peace. He had a cult for the brand and definitely the best collection of Panny Walky I've ever seen.

9. Brandon

Brandon Member

Well yes !