1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Holy Grail of walkmans

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by speedy2.0, Nov 21, 2017.

1. A O

A O Active Member

The official definition states....

"a thing which is eagerly pursued or sought after."

It doesn't stipulate for what reason. Value, weight, colour, taste, lust etc etc

2. A O

A O Active Member

I do like that silver 303. I still have your black one. Trying to find away to remove the dent.

autoreverser likes this.
  3. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

such a smart aleck :worship:

4. A O

A O Active Member

:old:

autoreverser likes this.
  5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've been on a Technics kick lately and have been lucky finding some oddballs that they made, but these two really catch my eye. I don't think anyone has every posted information on them yet but there is some info on Japanese Websites, although very little that I've found so far. Even the Technics Catalogs don't seem to mention these early units or I haven't been looking in the right places. I have to believe someone on this forum has one of these guys.
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://audio-heritage.jp/TECHNICS/player/rs-m2.html&edit-text=
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://audio-heritage.jp/TECHNICS/player/rs-m1.html&edit-text=

Technics RS-M1
    rs-m1.jpg
    Technics RS-M2
    rs-m2.jpg

autoreverser likes this.
  6. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

WOW - just a plain WOW !

7. Mister X

I love the new Google Algorithm, all kinds of good stuff is showing up!

Co-deck-01.jpg
    Co-deck-02.jpg

8. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Woah!

I bought a d3 this week. eBay on my phone at work during Christmas = wallet damage

9. 19lexicon78

19lexicon78 Active Member

when i said it's the sony dc2, 16 years ago, i was the only one. i've had my dc2 for 17 euros. today prices are different. but still, after all those years. the dc2 is still my holy grail. it's all about the looks and it's sound. i've never liked the dd9, have also 3 of those. the dc2 is in my heart. it's for me, the ultimate 80's. yep, more than the dd100 boodokhan. also like the F2. still don't have that one.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  10. Mister X

Looks like Techmoan was reading this thread, here's his breakdown on the Technics M1 Co-deck. He does a great job of taking it apart and checking out it's functunality. I haven't got one yet but more seem to be popping up on the auctions sites.

Command8 likes this.
  11. lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy Well-Known Member

For me, A Bhodo Khan would be nice to own, but I'd be happy with a decent boxed version of my 1st Walkman, a WM-BF40. Nothing top-end or special, I think it was one of the first models with Mega Bass, my brother and I both got one for Christmas one year, mine came with a copy of INXS Kick on tape and my brother got Bad by Michael Jackson. So many happy memories listening to all sorts of music, sadly mine broke and I think I threw it away, my brother's one still lives but needs a bit of tlc. I keep seeing them on eBay but they all seems to go for more than I want to pay or I get beaten in the last 3 seconds of an auction (that's really getting to me at the moment!)

Other than that, A D6C. Though if its anything like my mates one, they are temperamental!

Boodokhan likes this.
  12. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I'm sure he is.

Absolutely, the best vintage videos in the entire Internet.

13. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

For me its hard to choose one of these four:
    WM-W800, Boodokhan, WM3EX and Dude's walkman.
    But if i have to choose one I will pick WM-W800 since it was my first walkman
    upload_2018-6-29_8-41-37.png

14. Derek marshall

Derek marshall Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. Derek- new member. Just my thoughts on this. I have 2 d 6c, 1 dc2( cracked gear) 1- tc-d3(crached gear and 1- dd-33, but my favourite walkman and the one i listen to the most is my very first walkman that i bought back in 1982- the Sony wm-4. Such a powerful headphone amp which, when listening through desent headphones still sounds great to me. Simple basic machine but i still love it.

15. Derek marshall

No 1 for me- WM- 4. Bought in 1982. Made in Japan. Reason- Simple basic design, powerful headphone amp', can drive anything and listening thriugh good headphones and my metal tapes- awesome. Basic but built like a tank.

16. ottologue

ottologue New Member

Love the Aiwa Gibraltar! :)

The angular forms are very eye-pleasing.

17. Derek marshall

Hi Ottologue. Sometimes the simplest sound so good. I have some dd walkmans but i just love the wm-4.

18. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

My all time favorite Walkman would be the WM10/20 series. Love the design but if we're talking about Holy Grail Walkmans then it's between the DD30 or TPS-L2. Reason? Well, the TPS-L2 is the same age as me :) and the DD30 has been one of the more difficult players to acquire. Only have the black one in my collection. Would love to get a red one.

19. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

I don't have world known Holy Grail Walkmans. I have my personal Holy Grail Walkman. Been with me though all of my Grade and High School years. It's lettering is worn off, it has battle scars but I have kept it alive all these years and it plays fantastic. My Panasonic RQ-V180 I received as a gift.

20180724_190338.jpg

Then my Sony EX-88
    Small and fits in the pocket very well. No Radio but has music search and Dolby NR. Sound very well.

20180724_190258.jpg

20. Derek marshall

Hi Transistorised. Thanks for your reply. My wm-4 was my very first walkman. Made in Japan this one. Its been to hell and back and appart from fast forward and rewind, and the cover not staying open it still woks like new. Regards, Derek.