1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Car Audio System

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ken80s, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've got a BK Precision out in the shop, haven't used it in awhile, just remembered it's only AC. I'll have to keep my eye open for some auction stuff around here.

2. allan1836

allan1836 New Member

By chance , anybody here has a circuit diagram for alpine 3514 amp.jpg alpine 3514 back.jpg By chance, anybody here has a circuit diagram for a vintage Alpine 3514 power amp. I want to convert the DIN plug to a more conventional rca type line in/out with a remote turn on wire. Cheers !

Ken80s and Mister X like this.
  3. Mister X

My recent buy included this thrown in, Sony XR-740 but like most car audio, there's very little advertising or pricing for this model, if any? It's an attractive step up from a basic model with some weight to it. It looks like some of the buttons and knobs have a green backlight to them that would look great at night. The guy that gave me this had two big storage boxes of stereos from the 80's, lot's of Alpines.

DSC_1812sm.jpg

Ken80s, lupogtiboy and Elite-ist like this.
  4. Mister X

Finally scored a car stereo grail, the bigger than bad Panasonic RX Compo. I talked about this one years ago and one came up locally for sale. I also scored a very rare Panasonic RX-5040 Boombox I just posted in the B&B thread from the seller.
    https://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/panasonic-component-systems-car-stereo.4480/

I always like to check out the ads but this is a little different, the version in the ad has auto-reverse, not sure if "repeatrack" is the same thing. This one has a bracket holding everything together so it was hard getting a straight shot on the fly. The seller was selling it for the original owner, it came out of a 76 Chevelle? and the owner wanted to hold on to it after the car was gone. Can't wait to clean it up and get a power supply to fire these up.

DSC_2374sm.jpg

lupogtiboy, Ken80s and Papa like this.