Great! I'm third in queue :nodding:. As I haven't any shellac disc I can't tell, but I like Eric clapton, blues in general, Nat king cole, Frank...
I suggest you to take it to a good technician depending on what you find inside...
Sad to hear that. What do you mean with either quiet or loud? The main rec knob does scratch? Doesn't work smoothly?
I've been testing it against the SONY TC-D5M and I can say both do sound really well. Compared to my best decks, they lack some clarity in the...
Nice image. I'm sure those Grado SR125 pair well with their bright sound and the shellac discs.
holy god! +3000 discs! :swoon I do have almost the entire collection from AC/DC, most USA or even Australian original editions that I bought 2nd...
In my experience, rock can be very well recorded on ferric tapes, especially good ones (like SONY HF-S or TDK AD). I usually use chromes or metal...
I don't mind to record two tapes rather than one... Regarding shipping, I don't have any idea how it works in italy, but when Dr Walkman ships...
I like the idea of making a FAQ. I think I can do the starting job and then all of you contrubite with new questions to ask.
I've made this thread sticky as I think it's definitely worth it.
Wow! :applause I can't wait to have mine!
Yes, it's sad. It's a playback issue. The tape rolls but the music can barely be heard in the background so low. In the front there's a slight...
Great, that sounds so well. I see you went directly for the SONY I recommended :nodding:. That's agreat -and cheap- deck. If it works properly you...
I've added some new smilies and rearranged them so they are grouped by emotions, making easier to choose one.
Have you tried to record & play on it?
Ivica, we're just starting so feel free to make you offer to someone/everyone, publicly or privately. As I said, I want to share some rock, hard...
Sadly the Nakamichi Dual-Tracer 550 doesn't work well. Strangely, it worked perfectly when I tested it but once I picked up and took home it...
Don't worry. Well, I didn't mean it can only record noise at all. But it cannot compare to a decent 3-head deck. I have one of the best recording...
Hmm, no 78 rpm in my entire collection. But some 45s. 99% are 33 rpm LPs, mostly from the 80s but also some from 70s and 90s
I'm not sure but AFAIK the UD was the first 'high performance' tape from Maxell (I think they released it to compete with the TDK SA). Then came...
Separate names with a comma.