Fixing old audio is 1/2 the fun, twenty years ago most players still worked fine, now most need some refreshing, if your not afraid to take them...
Welcome Canada! Do you own that blue Solar Walkman?
Welcome to the forum! Great conversation, I just posted an ad for the AKAI FS-480 in the brochure section before I saw this thread. Fixing the...
We have a good little crew on the forum, with all of the members it is surprising that more is not going on. Luckily everytime I think I've found...
Some cool small Sony CF Boomboxes from 1973 [ATTACH]
Take some photos if you see them in your local watering holes!
The FH-215R looks like a beast! Never seen one before, the APM Speakers are just a little different, they even have a dust cone? I love some of...
TDK SA from 1972, these aren't that bad looking..... [ATTACH]
Sony CF-550A from 1972 [ATTACH]
Some early 1970 equipment from National, no boomboxes but cool portables. [ATTACH]
AKAI CS-50 Invert-O-Matic from 1970, is this the first auto-reverse system? [ATTACH]
Sanyo M-W19K from 1985 [ATTACH]
Philips 1980 [ATTACH]
Sony CF-580 from 1977 [ATTACH]
I've been going through Pacific Islander Monthly for ads and they did heavy advertising for a ton of boomboxes in the islands around you. I...
A little bigger than a mini-stereo but kind of nice looking, maybe even beefy for a little all-in-one, anybody have one of these Pioneer MS-6500...
Another Pioneer Ad from 1978, slightly different, sorry about the scan quality. [ATTACH]
Check out this beauty from 1978, the AKAI AJ-480 [ATTACH]
You'll have to search through the forum archives to see who's done it in the past.
The TPS-L2 has a special place in history, I remember them always going for more than most models but 20 years ago they were still considered...
Separate names with a comma.