Big_Paul is right. So much of what is available is worn out junk by now. But one can still have success buying certain non desirable odd models......
Good discussion. I refrain from contributing because I tend to pontificate on the subject. I am aware that my opinions may not be appreciated or...
It is often difficult to obtain service manuals even for big name brand "Discman" players. Google is the best place to start though. But in...
Make and model of CD player. You should start a new thread over in the Discmans, Minidisc, DCC and other players section asking for help.
Preferably in the USA as well. Since shipping boxes over to Europe and back will get mighty expensive. There are some on e-bay that are constantly...
Thank you for posting this 1972 brochure. Now I can see the price of the Sony CF-550 at last! As per the "Dollar Yen Exchange Rate - Historical...
I like the idea of improving speakers and bass in boomboxes. This reminds me to do a deep dive search for others who have done this and what their...
I like your dedication to old audio devices :thumbsup: The Sony Vaio looks great. I remember well the "Vaio" ads and high prices associated with...
Always good to see a battery replacement guide for old devices :thumbsup: I was dimly aware of some (maybe most) early digital audio products...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Several years ago I came across this video which was the first time I had seen or heard of new battery possibilities: Sony Discman DIY 3D Printed...
Yes the e-bay seller is called wickedkraft and is located in Singapore. (They also have a BP-5 battery for the D-35 /D-350 and D-311 which...
I will throw in the remote control and receiver eye for free. And drop the price $30 down to $420US + the shipping. Just post a reply here to this...
Okay I just put it down to $240. I am flexible with the price and open to trades too.
EDIT: No longer for sale, keeping it. Probably even going to buy another at some point! Sony D-555 with case and AC wall adapter. Also comes...
Sony D303 Discman. The 3 SMD electrolytic capacitors replaced with Nichicon audio caps. Spindle Motor replaced. Old thread with details of the...
Sony D-350 / D-35 Discman with case and external 2AA battery holder gondola. All 12 hole-through capacitors replaced with Nichicon and Elna audio...
Clearing out some items no longer used or needed. Sony RM-DM1 remote control and the IR eye that plugs into the remote side jack of certain old...
EDIT: These Are No Longer For Sale or Trade. Looking to trade my Sony Discman players D35, D303 or D-555 for old 1970's boom boxes or a Sony...
The goo is wax used to hold the fine radio coil wires. Looks like it may have melted somewhat. Grain of wheat bulb needs replacing if it is...
Separate names with a comma.