1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Dreams, fulfilled by Santa! Toshiba XR-9457

Discussion in 'Discmans, Minidisc, DCC and other players' started by Jorge, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

When I saw this model, it was Love at first sight! Unfortunately, unanswered: bought XR-9458 a few years ago but even under Kaosun's (kaosuncd.com) guidance could not revive it. So, yesterday my eBay package with "working" Toshiba arrived. We all know that "working" off eBay means a lot of things, and if the thing is bought for next to nothing ($32 in this case) it means "cold dead". But Christmas Miracle happened! Toshiba is actually working and cosmetically in almost-Mint condition!
    L1130158.JPG
    L1130157.JPG
    L1130156.JPG
    L1130154.JPG
    Scratchy volume, slight background buzzing (broken DC plug with cold joint already fixed) will be corrected during recap: this baby deserves a drop of my special "snake oil" named Rubycon Black Gate caps! :cool:

James Tervit and Brutus442 like this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Sweet! It looks like the bottom is a docking station? I have a couple of it's younger brothers, the XR J9, just slightly older than this unit.

3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Being a huge fan of all things "antivibration" I was stunned by those huge feet! Unfortunately, they are totally fake :(

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've got a DVD player with those feet, it might be a Toshiba, I haven't looked at it in years, I just kept it because it plays just about every format. I wonder if that was part of their design branding.

5. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

I love Toshiba's designs. Santa was good to you Jorge!