1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just scored a EX-555 but it has no accessories

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by eissmann, Jun 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. eissmann

eissmann Member

I took a chance on a Sony wm ex-555 from an online auction. It does not include any headphones or remote or charger. It hasn't arrived yet and I am not familiar with these slim Sony's.
    Google tells me the correct Sony part number for the remote is MDR-EW31E
    Are there other EX remotes that are interchangeable between various models in the line up?
    Also wondering about best place to find walkman service manuals....Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  2. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Hi

You don't need the remote. It's convenient to have but I've always found such remotes Impact the sound quality. You'll enjoy your 555 way more with a direct connection to a decent set of headphones.

Service manuals are easily found. Use the search function on the forum or head on over to hifiengine and see if they have what you need. It's free.

If your 555 needs a belt, Marian has a great belt store on eBay and is a prolific member here.

Enjoy

eissmann likes this.
  3. eissmann

eissmann Member

Thanks for the info about the remote. Good to know it's not going to be missed if I don't have it.
    A new belt kit has been ordered and is on it's way from Marion. I found a free manual somewhere on line too!