1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just WON Sony WM-EX1HG on EbAY

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by funkitall, Jan 22, 2018.

1. funkitall

funkitall Active Member

Won this last week for £35.00 (can`t upload photos)

The description:
    I found this whilst having a clear out I have no idea if it works or not and have no cables etc. The battery looks like it well past its best I do not have a charger for it. All these bits apparently are available to buy still.
    I have seen these in working order sell for over £200 so this could be a good buy. It has been sat in a draw for years so I can not see any reason that it won't work but have to advertise it as not working.
    Signs of wear are in relation to it's age with surface scratches I have done my best to show these in my photos
    Any questions please ask, for outside of uk bids please contact me before bidding.

So it arrived today and I could not find a battery pack to fit, does anyone have a spare or now of an one from an alternative model that may fit?
    So charged up a battery and after a little cough and splutter this little beauty kicked into life and sounded lovely so a happy camper!!
    Did bid on a Sony WM-WE1 and someone beat me by 24p

So yes can anyone assist on a battery pack and maybe a Sony bag for this little beauty to stop any more damage to the chrome...
    Cheers

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Can you post a photo of your new walkman? you got an excellent deal

3. funkitall

funkitall Active Member

Hi Boodokihan

I will give it a go.....
    I am currently not in work so it was a bit of a risk spending £££`s I don1t have but I had to give it a go PLUS I have not purchased a Walkman in over 6 months...that was my Samyo JJ-P4.
    But glad that I gave it a go and won it

4. funkitall

funkitall Active Member

Well here goes with an upload IMAG7120.jpg IMAG7123.jpg IMAG7124.jpg IMAG7125.jpg IMAG7126.jpg IMAG7127.jpg

autoreverser likes this.
  5. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Gorgeous!

6. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

yay, nice unit, great deal, congrats :thumbsup:

7. Analogtape

Analogtape Member

Nice Walkman, congratulations!

You can use Sony’s standard external 1.5V battery pack instead of the original battery.

Bought the same model a few weeks ago. It looks like never used, absolutely no scratches and came with a bag, an external battery pack and -very important- a polish towel :wink2.

After having replaced the belt it is working perfect now but the chrome-surface is terribly touchy from traces of fingerprints -the wearing of glacé kid gloves is strongly recommended if you use it…

8. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

Basically the same player as the wireless version the WM-WX1. Both of which I have with working wireless remote and wireless headphones. The WX1 was Japanese market only but not sure about your EX1. What is surprisingly simple is replacing the long 68mm belt and how good they sound for a non DD Walkman. You will find the player runs for 30 hours on the 1450mah gumstick battery. I guess you want the external battery pack to complete your item. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about one.

Boodokhan likes this.
  9. funkitall

funkitall Active Member

This will make me sound like a bell end but which model would have the standard 1.5V battery pack?
    I have various Walkmans but none of the battery packs connect as the "connectors" seem just a tad too wide....

10. Analogtape

Analogtape Member

Opps, I was to blue-eyed... I thought the adapters were all the same which is wrong (how naive to think that Sony wouldn’t change an adapter for a standard battery for longer period…). The one I have fits most probably only to the WM-EX1 series. Unfortunately, the adapter isn’t either branded nor has it a part no on it, so I can't give more information.

Maybe its worth to look for cheap “for parts” WM-EX 1 Walkman that comes with an adapter. Sorry again.

11. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

12. funkitall

funkitall Active Member

Cheers Speedy although I only got your message and missed the "pack"