1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Pioneer Wall of Fame plus Others

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Ω SK-95, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

damn, if the deck is anything like my pioneer 909 it's a nightmare to work on, actually the deck ain't that bad Tony it's just getting to the damn deck, i had a similar pioneer to yours but i gave it away when the deck died and it had bleeding on the display so it went

my engineer has had my m90 for months mate i dread the costs, my other m90 was totalled by a different engineer so i guess you can't get more costly than that mate, i hate this game, one person decides they want a fortune for one box so everybody else does too, just like those headphones you must have seen that i bought, they were only £300 new but now look at the price that i paid

and those sony mdr R10 were 3 grand new but because of one seller now they all want 14k, ahh well such is life

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  2. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

I saw your posting on your High-end headphones. I was floored :knockout:, but I know it's not unusual. I'm a long time collector of old banknotes, some from Britain, British Commonwealth and many other Countries, and even there the same would happen. The price is always set by the highest price the last one was sold for.

It cost me a pretty penny to get this SK-95, but apart from the new acquired and needless hair-line crack it is truly a most minty-box and it functions superbly in every way, including recording. The grills are intact and the buttons are so clean and shiny! Again, I will not add up the many costs I incurred to have it land in Canada after the voyage from Argentina, and I don't care much either. Not for this box specifically. It is here and now, and it is here for my entertainment and one day it will end up in someone else's hands or worse... the local dump! :( If and when, many moons from now, I hope, I still have to be the one to get rid of it before I go over to "the other side", I will gladly sell it to anyone here at the forum or put it on eBay (where else?!), and I don't think I will care much for what I might end up getting for it. The SK-71 for example, I paid so little for it, I figure between the lucky purchases and the expensive ones, it'll all even out somehow. :biggrin:
    Cheers! :cheers:

Radio Raheem likes this.
  3. Patron

Patron Active Member

Jesus Christ, what's wrong with that guy!!! 2 broken windows in the same spot!! Man Too funny.

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  4. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

Hey Patron. You don't say! Exact same spot! You'd think after you damaged one that you'd kind of be super extra careful with the next one, but no... same spot and nearly identical crack, photocopy like almost. What can I say? I realize what he was working with was not easy, the metallic frame that he had to push through the opening is exceptionally tight, so I know it was not easy for him, but in the end, the result is clear, a box that could be potentially worth $700, suddenly it won't be worth more than about $350. There are other defects that most of us would seriously not care about, but this!? It's too much in your face, it's an eyesore. It's like having the prettiest girl smile at you with a black tooth!

5. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

Hey Raheem, I had to come back to this one. I am glad that my technician is actually able to work very well with these decks. He's repaired the Centrex SK-7, the Sk-71 needed new belts (perfect job), and recently and as I already mentioned he brought the Sk-95 to life, with that ugly exception of cracking the acrylic display, but in general I am most happy with the gentleman. Now on the other hand, you do not seem to be having much luck either with your M90's... that is just as brutal! You are waiting months? That cannot be going well for you. I truly hope you can get this second M90 back in perfectly good working order, otherwise you'll never recover your initial investments on these boxes. We all know what an M90 represents. Best wishes and best of Luck for you and your M90. I'd like to hear a good happy ending for you with respect to this one! Cheers!!

6. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

God bless thanks tony, if this one isn't repaired i guess my m90 days will be over mate, i may be selling my other m90 on here but i don't know what to ask for her, if i could find another deck that would be great and id be in with a chance.

hey that 3 peice pioneer mate, did you recently buy that off the bay, i saw one listed like this but it had the box etc

nice box but id paint the speakers white to match what she would have looked like origionally

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  7. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

I bought it from a chap still selling them out of the Canary Islands, and it is what got me going again with all of this!! And it's been a blast, from the past yes, but still a blast and it has helped me recapture great memories! :old:

As for your M90, you saw what I just did with my Sanyo C-20 (I just don't have the space to keep them all, but I feel the regret of making this decision). First, I asked $395CAD here at the Forum, even though I think it's worth way more than that... but whatever... in any case, I told everyone that I'd putting it on eBay after a few days here at the Forum. It started at $0.99 CAD, and it is now $59.00 CAD. Will it reach a decent amount? I don't know, it's had 362 views in 6 days. It's my opinion that on eBay, you gotta let the collectors dictate what the market value is for any item. I've been pleasantly surprised many times in the past. Telling them what the item is worth just doesn't seem to hit a string with anyone. The buy it now option is great only if you undervalue your own item. You kinda gotta take a chance! The M90 seems to always bring about $1K USD, but you know how it is, it's condition is what determines the end value.

As for your suggestion, about painting the speakers... I think I'd like to explore that idea! Have you ever done this before to any pair of speakers? Any kind of special paint suggested, oil based, latex based, any other type? :idea:

Cheers Raheem!!

8. VINYL79

VINYL79 New Member

I want a Pioneer SK-909 !

Ω SK-95 and Brutus442 like this.