1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New, but in love with Walkmen

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by LieutenantShwa, Jun 3, 2017.

1. LieutenantShwa

LieutenantShwa New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and fairly new to Walkmen in general.

I've always been a big admirer of Walkmen, even back when I was a kid and I inherited my dad's old Wm-F75, which I had no cassettes to play on and could only use to listen to the radio (which I did all the time), but only recently have I gotten into collecting them.

I have a working WM-10 (the love of my life, don't tell my girlfriend), an untested WM-102 with no battery case, and a WM-R202 that needs a new belt (I can't find a belt for it on eBay, anyone know any belts that would work?).

I look forward to using this forum to learn more about these cassette players I love so much!

2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Welcome!! We won't tell your girlfriend, just make sure you won't. My wife, even after 20+ years of my doggie servitude, cannot forgive me for spending all my "allowances" on music and hardware :( Keep it a secret!!
    Re belts: folks here suggested buying belt kits off eBay but for me it was a waste of money, maybe they will share with you some reliable specific sellers? What I got was total crap, uneven cut and stretchy rubber. If no responces, then there are a few places you can buy belts individually at $3-5+s/h but you must know the size. I usually end up buying 3-4 hoping that one will fit.
    And the safest bet is to contact @mihokm, for my one and only Walkman I bought a set from him. Nicely priced and fast delivery!

3. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Welcome to S2G! :)

4. bronco

bronco Active Member

:)Welcome to S2G!

5. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Warm welcome!!

6. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Hello lieutenant
    As Jorge mentioned you can get your Walkman belt from @mihokm . He is the most reliable source for your Walkman belts.
    Welcome to the forum and share some pictures of your Walkmans

7. Simon

Simon Active Member

Hello, yes, must also add that @mihokm goes to a lot of trouble to supply good belts. I have bought many together and they were all well labelled and arrived quickly.