1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic RX-C300-2 Picture how to apart repair new belt issue blog

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Cassette2go, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

Long story about this model, Not going to type all that out.
    Panasonic RX-C300-2 Picture how to apart repair new belt issue blog
    IMG_6583 Panasonic RX-C300-2.JPG IMG_6584 Panasonic RX-C300-2.JPG IMG_6585 Panasonic RX-C300-2.JPG IMG_6586 Panasonic RX-C300-2 inside battery compartment.JPG IMG_6587 Panasonic RX-C300-2 handle atach.JPG IMG_6588 Panasonic RX-C300-2 componets attach.JPG IMG_6589 Panasonic RX-C300-2 top both.JPG IMG_6590 Panasonic RX-C300-2 bottom both.JPG IMG_6591 Panasonic RX-C300-2 top screws buttons.JPG IMG_6592 Panasonic RX-C300-2 top inside.JPG IMG_6593 Panasonic RX-C300-2 slider.JPG IMG_6594 Panasonic RX-C300-2 slider.JPG IMG_6595 Panasonic RX-C300-2 slider.JPG IMG_6596 Panasonic RX-C300-2 eq slider.JPG IMG_6597 Panasonic RX-C300-2 function push button.JPG IMG_6598 Panasonic RX-C300-2 inside top.JPG IMG_6599 Panasonic RX-C300-2 eq circuit board.JPG IMG_6600 Panasonic RX-C300-2 spectrum switch.JPG IMG_6601 Panasonic RX-C300-2 sw26.JPG IMG_6602 Panasonic RX-C300-2 switch 26.JPG IMG_6603 Panasonic RX-C300-2 switch pin.JPG IMG_6604 Panasonic RX-C300-2 switch pin.JPG IMG_6605 Panasonic RX-C300-2 light see switch circuit board.JPG IMG_6606 Panasonic RX-C300-2 switch check.JPG IMG_6607 Panasonic RX-C300-2 solder switch.JPG IMG_6608 Panasonic RX-C300-2 inside deck.JPG IMG_6609 Panasonic RX-C300-2 inside deck.JPG IMG_6610 Panasonic RX-C300-2 lift up remove.JPG IMG_6611 Panasonic RX-C300-2 inside behind.JPG IMG_6612 Panasonic RX-C300-2 deck inside.JPG IMG_6613 Panasonic RX-C300-2 ground wire.JPG IMG_6614 Panasonic RX-C300-2 eject.JPG IMG_6615 Panasonic RX-C300-2 press eject.JPG IMG_6616 Panasonic RX-C300-2 tape deck.JPG IMG_6617 Panasonic RX-C300-2 lift up eject.JPG IMG_6618 Panasonic RX-C300-2 remove deck.JPG IMG_6619 Panasonic RX-C300-2 power plug.JPG IMG_6620 Panasonic RX-C300-2 board power plug.JPG IMG_6621 Panasonic RX-C300-2 deck plugs.JPG IMG_6629 Panasonic RX-C300-2 James work table sun porch aka Cassette2go.JPG
    The Thirteen pin connecting cable sockets are bad that connects the top to the bottom on the back of the unit.
    Anyway here are my pictures of taking this apart to the place of which I am now and it is not working yet but I am going to get sound out of this!
    ... gee only Forty pictures at a time to upload ...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Jorge and sickly_b like this.
  2. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Very Nice job! Very interesting ! Keep on ....!

Cassette2go likes this.
  3. Cassette2go

In a couple of hours from now I am going to the electronic's parts store that also has a limited supply of cassette deck belts too but not needed in this run.
    http://www.tannerelectronics.com/

4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing these pictures
    I see you got a nice working space.

bronco and Cassette2go like this.
  5. Cassette2go

I do and it is monitored daily by my mother as she wish's me to keep being ORGANIZED and the table tops clean an such.

Boodokhan, Jorge and bronco like this.
  6. Cassette2go

Jorge likes this.
  7. MA-R60

MA-R60 New Member

Hey! Are you still on the forum kind sir?

Did you get any belts for this machine from the store you went to? Do you have any spares or know of a location online that sells them?

Where there any areas in tearing this down that had you stumped? My model works fine, I just want to open it up to clean it and replace the belts.

Any contact cleaner spray you recommend for the dirty contacts? OK to use compressed air for blow out the dirt?

Are the belts hard to replace?

Thank you so much !

8. Cassette2go

IMG_2617 Sanyo M1660 alcohol air contact clean.JPG
    IMG_2617 Sanyo M1660 alcohol air contact clean , IMG_2697 Sanyo M7790 alcohol contact clean air Denatured IMG_2697 Sanyo M7790 alcohol contact clean air Denatured.JPG
    Above pictures of the spray I use when cleaning.
    Belts I already have in stock and I just got a link in email of a deal to buy more - here: https://ofr.ebay.com/offerapp/sio/acceptOffer/300750371274/10602763019?ul_noapp=true
    I would only use canned low pressure air and high pressure is just too much right?
    Doing stuff is only hard if you think it is hard and that is why I take pictures of every little step of what I do as when that ? spring or item fly's away ? I can go back in my PREVIOUS Pictures and see where it came from right? :)

Attached Files:

MA-R60, Jorge and Mister X like this.
  9. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Sometime I use high pressure air but never near the tuning stuff or speakers, mostly on the boards and areas with large dust bunnies.

Cassette2go, did you have to replace that ribbon cable? I'm assuming you checked continuity through it? I remember from working on my early electronic pinballs that the Molex Connectors and the connectors on my Ford Truck's Alternator need to be replaced if they're disconnected. They give intermittant trouble if you don't so I did it just to make sure they weren't the issue.

MA-R60 likes this.
  10. Cassette2go

No I never fixed it. Some things I just get tired of working on like the SCR-8 on my work table now that has been there in front of my face for about 5 weeks as I have had other issue's that I have trying to get repaired ( MY TRUCK today spent 600.00 on and tomorrow another 400.00 is going in it so I can take my half-way around the usa road trip & in the past few months nearly seven thousand dollars spent in it )
    I ended up selling that problematic unit with the cable to another person in Canada to let them to attempt to repair it, and they used its parts to fix another model they had, if I remember correctly - I also have this nib un-opened SEALED Panasonic RX-C300 G:\Canon 12mp SX130is by Year\Canon 2017 12mp SX130is\158___12 12 Dec 2017 - for sale Still even though the date in this picture old https://www.paypal.me/JamesCPierce/1450.00usd Shipped anywhere.
    IMG_5437 Panasonic RX-C300 (.JPG

11. Mister X

I know the feeling, tearing down the insides to get to a little rubber tire and not having a replacement so you spend an hour putting it back together or you'll forget where everything goes. That's a cool box, good luck selling it.

Jorge and Cassette2go like this.
  12. Cassette2go

It is staying in the closet till anybody buys it as I am not ever opening it and considering its prowess in the portable world it should sell someday.....

MA-R60, Mister X and Jorge like this.
  13. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@Cassette2go I just can Not say this same thing often enough: Life and Job and Everything keeps getting in the way of us enjoying this hobby! But we shall persevere...;)
    @Mister X those pesky rubber tires (tyres?) are the Devil’s touch to bbox rejuvenations! I had a list of places selling those, with printouts of the sizes. Now lost :(

MA-R60, Cassette2go and Mister X like this.
  14. Mister X

I've got three metal lathes, I bought a block of rubber, now I just need somebody to tell me how to mill them down.....

Cassette2go, you should start a NOS thread, it would be cool, I think you have a lot of them but I'm not entirely sure.

Jorge and Cassette2go like this.
  15. Cassette2go

The only one that I have that is un-opened nos is the Panasonic RX-C300 I have a few others that are nearly new but have been opened -
    Thanks for this thought of a thread, newly.

16. Cassette2go

I now have a job. I drive a school bus for the special needs children for DISD but I am off for the summer time until 06 August 2019 when I go back to work

17. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

this is a million-dollar question! I hope the Art of cutting rubber to size had not been lost: based on the quality of belt kits I was getting off eBay most folks do not know how
    The sad thing about tyres is that each bbox has its own set and no one will ever produce them, it is just not practical. Being able to cut them at home (even badly) would save a lot of early models (which I happen to like the most :( )

Mister X likes this.
  18. Cassette2go

This Man in mihokm ebay ( One of listings ) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Belt-for-S...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
    of which also is a member here - I believe he sells Pinch rollers too - though I have not asked him
    Just a FYI - as I would try with him as he deals in rubber products and belts and tires I would think that he would KNOW where to get these, YES?

MA-R60 and Jorge like this.
  19. Mister X

I think they are using a sander attachment to get the rubber to the perfect size. When I get a chance I might try throwing a piece in my drill press and use a sanding block to see what happens. We've got a place here in town that does all kinds of rollers, I might try to stop over there if all else fails.

Cassette2go and Jorge like this.
  20. Cassette2go

In april I tried grinding Idler tires this way using a drill and emory cloth see my picture for this way to try.
    IMG_2872 Tire Grinding this way emery cloth IMG_2872 Tire Grinding this way emery cloth.JPG