1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VICE'S Top 10 Ghettoblasters & 10 Other Boombox & Cassette Links

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN, Nov 29, 2017.

1. WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN

WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN Member

2. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

I don't know if his memory is so good anymore. He says the Magnavox D8444 has big magnets :lollegs:

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Vice has a great channel and they used to have a cool travel show on Netflix, about 20 episodes of going into the hell-holes of the world. I can't debate the boxes, but they'd be on my list if I had a list!

4. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

I have to say there's some real gems on the list, but it's missing some essential (for me anyway)

The JVC M90 (LL Cool J and the Beastie Boys are part of any 80's lexicon and their boxes should be in the list)
    National Panasonix RX-7000. The upper class box of the boombox scene. Almost a non-street version of the classic boombox

There's a few more but I'm sure it's down to taste and experiences.

Great post! There's a few pics in the links provided that show some folks "tailgating" with the boombox in the trunk. I still do that when my friends and family gather in the park or up at the cottage!

5. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

I enjoyed those photos in the "all that is interesting" link. Only picture I think they might need to research is picture 16. They claim 1991 however the Jeep coming up the street is (at the earliest) a 93 before they started that body style