1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Moscow

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by retro, Jan 10, 2017.

1. retro

retro Active Member S2G Supporter

I remember a post about this place before, but it looks like the site and the store has been refreshed since then. I would just love to visit this store and demo some of the vintage elctronics on display. http://vintagemoscow.com/

IMG__8805.jpg
    IMG__3710.jpg
    IMG__9313.jpg IMG__9315.jpg

2. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

3. Command8

Command8 Active Member

oh man that place looks real nice. im already drowling. Does anyone know any place like this in Milan?

4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Stunning shop, I would love to spend a few hours in there listening and browsing. Everything looks in amazing condition to.

5. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Paradise :)

6. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

7. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Im just lucky i have all the boxes id want from there or id be real gutted lol, that poor sony F40 in the right hand corner bottom pic wants to come home, thanks for posting Ret:)

8. Patron

Patron Active Member

I just saw this post, man is amazing how many diff boxes were made in such a short period of time.

9. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Amazing shop I could pass some time in there .

10. NevOne

NevOne Member

Definitely will visit if going in that town. If not for buying at least for seeing

11. Risingsunproject

Risingsunproject Active Member

Well if its pricing like the Russians on ebay i rather pass.Ok minty boomboxes but i have even seen 2500 euro for a sharp 777
    Well if you want to sell to the mafia i understand

12. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

13. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I can spend hours in this lovely store. Thanks for sharing pictures

Brutus442 likes this.
  14. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

I think this is the same place that's flogging those high end boxes on Ebay for huge sums of money is it not? I recognize the PC-55 from an auction. I've had my eye on one of his units for sale but don't want to have to unload an organ to pay for it.

Beautiful store though.....

Risingsunproject likes this.
  15. Risingsunproject

Risingsunproject Active Member

Beutiful indeed Brutus but right now there is a gf777 for 5000 usd going on ebay and its even preowned please inform the gentleman that with that price i will take also one family member of his of my choosing!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Brutus442 likes this.
  16. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Great store and remember, it isn't cheap to run a place like this. Here there's rent, payroll, advertising, utilities and taxes (which almost always go up). You'd have to sell a bunch of boxes to keep up with basic costs and still make a living. Finding and getting the inventory ready for sale is would be extremely time consuming. I can't fault them for trying to make a living selling cool audio equipment, but I know it can't be easy.

Brutus442 likes this.
  17. Brutus442

True, Mister X but given Ebay's price of similar boxes, you'd pretty much have to pare your prices down to what the market will demand. His prices are by far too high given equivalent models available on Ebay. If he truly wanted to move them, he could and very quickly.

His market is rather small given that there's a finite supply of aging analogue electronics that #1 Exist in satisfactory condition to sell and #2 an aging fanbase who appreciate these devices , but will eventually move on.

This is one example of a PC-55 auction he has. Note the yellowed speaker enclosures and the handle. This box sat in the sunlight for a long time and it shows. He wants $2000.00:iconconfused:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-PC-55-...713069?hash=item3626f34cad:g:ALgAAOSwP4FaEMj4

Now see this one (missing it's handle and one bulb burnt out, fairly easy to replace) at $373.00. It even has the original manual included. Even if everything were complete, this is a $400.00 box at best IMHO
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-JVC-PC-R55C-Receiver-PC-D55C-Cassette-Deck-Player-Shortwave-Boombox/122078286491?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=49565&meid=5ff87abff6704afaab533b8a08660d5f&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=232581713069&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Just my 2 cents, but I think if he came down to sub $700.00 as a starting point, he'd have already made a sale. Again this is just my opinion.

18. Radio Raheem

i used to get pc55's for £30 that guy is on cocaine no doubt about it brutus lol

Risingsunproject and Brutus442 like this.
  19. Brutus442

It still amazes me sometimes Radio Raheem....:hmmm:hmmm:smoke

Radio Raheem likes this.
  20. Radio Raheem

There only ol boomboxes at the end of the day Geoff, i have seen plenty for around £100 even now but im not after another my friend as they just don't float my boat and the display is a ticking time bomb....the pc5 when upgraded is a much better sounding box but i admit the 55 looks much better lad:wink2

Brutus442 likes this.