1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wm-10rv / 40 service manual, anyone?

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by doublecee, Feb 4, 2017.

1. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Hi

Anyone have a service manual for the sony wm-10RV / 40? Im not to trusting of some of the free service manual sites... wondering if anyone has a pdf they would be willing to share.

Thanks

2. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

3. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Thank Dave!

4. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Out of interest, is there a idiots guide for removing the capstan and flywheels. I've taken my 40rv apart, removed all goo, added a tiny amount of grease to the sliding mech (the original grease was hard and caked), adjusted the azymuth. The machine is stunning now, but a little noisy. Appears to be coming from the flywheel which means I'll need to break her down again and apply a dot of sewing machine oil. The sound is very much a dry brass on brass sound. I'm keen to know if there is a way to remove a capstan and a way to not remove a capstan on this model.

5. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

Check the flywheels aren't rubbing on the inside of the case, there's not much clearance.

6. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Will do.

It is more pronounced when your roll the Walkman over, so that makes sense.

7. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I have never opened this model Is the mechanism like a Wm-10?
    I had the same issue with Wm-10, Anyway i didnt ask for help and used my own expertise :lollegs: and broke the walkman. Finally i asked for help and now i can remove it without damaging the walkman.

8. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

I've broken it down once alread to remove goo, replace belt and lightly grease the sliding mechanism (which was Jamming and no doubt due to the dry grease ).

So very keen to reopen but would like to know how to remove the capstan. I've taken the back off and the rubbing noise is coming from the flywheel so need to clean and lube.