Welcome to the forum, saving these cool old electronics can turn into a fun hobby.
If I had to guess it would right around when the show was made 1993. We call the multiple units that look the same but different branding "AKA's"...
Cool brochure! I'd post some cool stuff but the hosting overlords won't let me.... I had a local guy selling me one of Sony's first MD Car...
Now that is cool! The bottom panel folds down and has a bunch of buttons. One sold a few years ago on yahoo.jp for around $400 USD.
Not really a kangaroo but kind of the similar with it's removable radio. The JVC CQ-F22 from 1984. This was neat in the 1970's but the radio...
Woow, so I looked over on ebay and found this sticker on a JVC Unit, it says "Manufactured At JSC" on the 2nd line. I check AI and it came up...
I only remember AM radio in cars for maybe two or three years at most in the mid-80's. It was definately better quality but it never took off, we...
Sansui even got into it, from 1999, unfortunately it just doesn't have the pull like the stuff from the 70's. The stand is very goofy looking but...
More errors today, it says the servers are full. I haven't heard from Walkman Archive, reach out to him if you know him!
What?
Nice review! They pretty much took the best part of boomboxes and stuffed it in these boxes, too bad none had a handle and battery pack. I'm...
Yea but you guys were gung-ho for AM-stereo!
Welcome!
I know some of these companies couldn't use their JDM Names so they used new names for bigger export markets. Then the export market became much...
We used to have pagers here, it would beep with a short message and phone number to call. Private companies would "host" the service but other...
Just chugging around the interwebs and saw this oddity, anybody know what FM Data Receiver's do? I'm thinking a duplex pager with FM/TV tuning?...
JVC UX-5 One of the beautiful little JVC Micro Component Systems from the 90's, the UX-5, I've started grabbing these and similar models if I see...
Welcome and definately show off your equipment, we love photos.
Great find! I've never seen one in person but they look fantastic. Back when design was fun and over the top still had some practicality. Love...
Found this video, Auto, you have competition! He does open a few up at the end DualSound, maybe you'll see something that helps. [MEDIA]
Separate names with a comma.