Hi, I post this as it might be useful for others trying to fix the same thing. This is not the right way to do it and maybe others can avoid some...
I don't see any drifting, it clearly and stable catch that one channel on 106.1 and also notice two more channels above 106.1 but with bad...
I'm restoring a Sony FH-11 and have started with the receiver. It was working before I started if I recall correctly. I then went ahead and fixed...
@RetroTech I will give it a try but I’m not very hopeful that this is the cause. @Emiel That is a great table!
Sure, here we go :wink2 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Thanks @Valentin that really good to hear. Then there is no shortage of spare parts as I have collected some really beaten up DD and F5 models...
Which mechanical parts are interchangeable between the different models ranging from original DD, DC2 and up to DD33? Are there any quality...
The best option for me has been to chase for broken DD11 units in bad physical shape. I gave up on buying chips after receiving fake ones twice in...
Yes, this is my conclusion also. I think this tape was recorded on my previous deck and not calibrated properly. The other tapes I tried recorded...
Thanks @Valentin I have now adjusted and treble is much better, a slight "pumping" effect on Dolby C recordings is still there. What other...
Got my first Aiwa and was pleasantly surprised by the nice warm sound. Not too fond of the design yet but it’s growing on me. I did however find...
Thanks!
Btw how can I find out what the current draw should be for specific models? The dd_repair_guide states: "Normal consumption is 80 – 130 mA,...
Current draw is 80mA@3V. Good point regarding ground, I will check it. The noice is lower after last assembly time which could point to screws...
@Valentin many thanks for your reply. I measured W&F to 0.07%. using WFGUI. I also tried to swap the motor as I had one laying around but that...
Hi, I have a WM-DD30 that has a background noice I haven't been able to solve. It seems like it's related to the motor as it changes frequency...
I mostly buy used Maxell XL II tapes when I see a lot that looks well taken care of. When (re) starting with tapes again I bought quite a lot of...
Update: The situation has improved quite a lot by a simple an obvious measure, cleaning oxidation from the battery terminals. Now it engages...
Many thanks @Valentin for your input, sorry for taking so long to respond. I will clean the board properly and see if that makes a difference....
@mybox80 The pause switch is working fine. The PB/Rec switch has been cleaned properly before but didn't really help. I have temporary hardwired...
Separate names with a comma.