Hi, I have previously fixed my D3 by the usual maintenance, changing center gear, lubrication and new belt for counter. Mechanically it seemed...
Yes it would have been nice with a professional label on the DC2 but I can understand why it's not there. I'm not sure what professional would...
I usually “only” bring two, DC2 and another one. My DC2 needs som attention so this time it was DD9 and 701C.
Really enjoyed listening to cassettes and Walkmans during this summer, friends and family think I’m crazy packing 20 cassettes for our vacation...
Hi On The Beach, I'm using something called G-Lube, product made for gamers: https://www.gloriousgaming.com/products/glorious-lube-g-lube I'm...
Almost 2 years ago I got a D6C in perfect cosmetic condition as a free addition to a purchase of two cassette decks. It was listed as broken...
There is one on the 701C, it's kind of a rounded square thing, you see it on one of my pictures. It looks like they improved upon this in the 702.
Many thanks Valentin and Silver965 for your help and detailed pictures. It is really enjoyable to try to rescue as many as possible of these old gems.
Indeed that was the issue, after some lubrication the head is now moving forward when play is engaged. It still has a problem with the last 1/10mm...
Yes, I think you're onto something here. I was thinking the same as I can se the mechanism inside moving when engaging play but head is not. I...
Thanks for your tips. I have checked the playback to see how the tape behaves and it looks good. I also rechecked the pinch roller and noticed...
I recently scored a mint condition 701C complete with box and accessories sold as non working. After changing belt and pinch rollers (both had...
[ATTACH] This is the part that should move forward when you press play.
Have you checked that the playhead is engaged (moved forward) properly when you press play? I bought a walkman that was said not to work (silent)...
Congratulations to a great Walkman! I would start with the basics, clean the recording potentiometer properly with contact cleaner, your might...
What do you think of using a good lab power supply and set it to <6V? Would that be safe or is there the same problem there as for switching PS?...
My humble collection of restored Walkmans. I was looking for for a suitable storage/display for them and finally found it at IKEA in their gaming...
Many walkmans have a detection for tape, did you have a tape in the player when you tried? My EX670 does nothing unless there is a tape inside. Is...
Hi, I would have desoldered the motor and screwed that in place for easier installation of the new belt. How the belt should be, I don’t know,...
Good to hear about the washer, it was just too strange that they were missing on 2 different walkmans . Power draw is 99mA so it looks ok. I will...
Separate names with a comma.