Thanks Valentin, Yes, washer is a better name for it. There is something black inside/around the axle on both walkmans, it didn't come out so I...
Hi, Some time ago I renovated a DC2 and also changed the center gear. I follow the guide "Sony DD series step-by-step repair guide for dummies"...
Thanks Valentin and Deb64 for your replies. It looks like I got fake chips and that is the cause of the issues. I have ordered a hopefully genuin...
Greetings, I just got hold of a mint condition D6C with a speed problem, playing too fast. Otherwise it looks like it works fine. I now replaced...
I feel like I've been chasing a ghost, done a lot more recordings and listening on both Type I and Type II tapes and now the results are as...
Thanks for your replies. I don't know why, but I have a hunch that it's not azimuth adjustment that is needed but maybe I'm just not comfortable...
Hi, I recently restored a DC2 (changing center gear, cleaning, lubrication etc). It sounds really good but I have now done some good recordings...
Hi, I'm a little late to this discussion but just wanted to share my experiences with restoring WM-D3 and other walkmans. I've recently finished...
New to this forum. I have a big interest in refurbishing classic Sony Walkmans. Just finished changing center wheel on a WM-DC2 and WM-D3. Looking...
Separate names with a comma.